cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After a proposal is submitted, how does the client contact me?

nicknack5
Sandy N Member Since: Jun 15, 2020
1 of 5

I am new to Upwork. Once I have submitted a proposal, how does the client contact me if they want to discuss it with me? Do they email me?

djondinium
Community Manager
Aleksandar D Community Manager Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2 of 5

Hi Sandy,

Welcome to Upwork! If your proposal is accepted you will receive a message from your client and a message room will be created where you can continue negotiating with the client. If the client decides to hire you, they will be able to send you an offer as well. 

Additionally, you may want to check out these resources we put together to help freelancers to get to a safe and successful start.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
florydev
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
3 of 5
You will receive a message through the messaging system, in the menu under messages. You should get an email, see an indicator on the website, and if you have the phone app you will get a notification.

Being new be very cautious with anyone who responds and test what they say logically. Don’t be afraid to ask here what people think here if you have any suspicions.
martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
4 of 5

Sandy N wrote:

I am new to Upwork. Once I have submitted a proposal, how does the client contact me if they want to discuss it with me? Do they email me?

You might want to upload examples of your work in your portfolio section. Without any proof of your abilities, or something nice and shiny to look at, clients will not spend more that a second on your profile before they move on to somebody else's. Competition is huge in your field, and you need to work on grabbing attention. 

Beware of unsolicited invitations. 

rahman_ashfaqur
Ace Contributor
Ashfaqur R Member Since: Sep 18, 2018
5 of 5

Hello,

If the client wants to intertiew you. You will recieve a message when he accepts your proposal. Then you can talk to client about the job requirements and proceed for the contract.

Best of luck for the future success. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS