🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » After approval client asking refund
Page options
mana_07
Community Member

After approval client asking refund

Recently i had bad, really bad experience with one of my clients. She hired me for 3D modeling, texturing and rendering for five faces of barbie dolls. She mentioned in her job post that she need it for manufacturing and also for website. So i start doing my work. The quality she was asking was really high quality and seriously i did it in very less price(my bad because i accepted that job at the time when i had no work). Total five faces. First front face approved. She said approved make second face, i made second. After so many struggles(she want so much perfection in less amount but i did because i chose to do the job. Second approved, and then third approved. and Suddenly when i asked her to release first milestone . From nowhere she started asking for 360 rotation and the model was heavy so i had to struggle with it. And suddenly she said she needs to see all the approved faces in side view. I did. Now after providing her everything she said side view is not pretty. not looking good so she has now asked to refund the first milestone .  Three faces already approved. I felt very bad and try to make her understand that how your management approve the three faces. I felt like crying because very minute to minute corrections i did whatever she asked for. I just pray that clients at some day learn to respect the people who work for them whether they are artists, whether they are from IT or any fraternity. 

16 REPLIES 16
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sukhjinder,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with a contract. It looks like the client requested a refund of the money they’d already released to you. Please communicate with the client directly to try and resolve any issues amicably. If you agree to refund the money, you can issue the refund directly from the request in Messages. If you decide not to refund, the client may seek mediation assistance from Upwork. If that happens, Upwork team will reach out to you directly.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mana_07
Community Member

Hello Bojan

Thanks for your reply. I talked to client about this. She is not listening and is unaware herself what exactly she needs. She send that three faces to her management and her management approved the faces. How she can refuse the management decision and take her own decisions. The milestone was divided into 3 parts . She did released first milestone when i asked her, but suddenly after releasing first milestone she said that she needs to see work that was not in the deal. She needs to see 360 rotation of the models. and suddenly started saying that they were 2D faces that she approved. I tried to explain her that the models i made are 3D not 2D. Because the process of 3D is that of each angle you need to to different lighting setup and renders, and before accepting the job i asked her that how many angles of one face she need.. That time she did not told me . She said i will tell you later. and i started working. At last also i provided her all the needed angles side and front but of no use. She started saying i did not like the side. Its not beautiful. What does it mean its not beautiful. Then also i said her ok i will do the corrections. I said i want to make you happy thats it. But she is like scamming me. She said no i just want refund. I mean is it right? After approving after working so hard she is like scamming me. And she is saying i made delay. No there was delay in her responses too. Please check the attachments and share your thoughts too pls.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sukhjinder,

I checked and it looks like you were not hired for this job and shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab. Please note that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

Please check this post for the freelancer resources and tips for avoiding questionable jobs that we put together to help freelancers make decisions whether to work with a client or not.

It is always good to communicate and politely explain everything to your client to avoid any misunderstanding. You can discuss the terms of further engagement on the contract and attempt to resolve the situation amicably.

~ Nikola
Upwork

re: "I checked and it looks like you were not hired for this job"

Well, that's good news.

It means you can walk away and block this client, and there is nothing the client can do to affect your JSS.

Hello sir

I was hired.  She ended her contract yesterday. Please check the attachments. You will find her name in ended contracts list. Now that she has ended her contract and if i did not answer her on refund request then upwork will automatically debit the payment from my account? What should i do next?

petra_r
Community Member

If it is only a refund request, it does not create a dispute or anything of the sort, what it does, and certainly doesn't lead to any of the money that has already been paid to you being paid back to the client.

mana_07
Community Member

Hello Petra

So what should i do next?

petra_r
Community Member

Sukhjinder K wrote:

So what should i do next?

Unless the client actually disputes, there is nothing you need to do.

mana_07
Community Member

ok

mana_07
Community Member

Just want to make sure that if i did not respond to her refund request the approved milestone will not get debited from my account automatically by upwork? 

petra_r
Community Member

Sukhjinder K wrote:

Just want to make sure that if i did not respond to her refund request the approved milestone will not get debited from my account automatically by upwork? 

No, it won't. 

jibran32
Community Member

Hi, Good afternoon. Hope you all are doing great

unfortunately, good and ugly exist in every society. Such people make us strong and wise, take it as a positive. 🙂 

I am a freelancer and face such issues recently I did too. but what I have learned is to be patient and silent. because someone is not in your approach so why heart yourself and your emotions.

Believe me, your communication is pure which means you are a good and strong person. Always do good and deliver good you will get a reward by any means. Don't depend on anyone, Respect yourself, and keep a strong grip over emotions management.

These rough events are the part of life we have to adjust our psychology accordingly but with self-respect, dignity, and proper vision, you will feel light and peace.

Warm Regards
Well-Wisher 🙂

mana_07
Community Member

Hello sir

Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate.

sourceprouk
Community Member

Do not refund any money. If the Client relased the money in Escrow, it means that he/she approved of your work. That is an abusive Client.

Let them start a dispute, see how happy they are when they see the cost of the arbitrator.

I will not refund the money because after approval how client can ask for money refund Its like a scam with an artist. 

If you grab a crowbar and sneak out in the middle of the night, and go to a neighbor's house, and use the crowbar on the back door and bust into the neighbor's house, and steal his large screen television and his child's wheelchair, that makes you a bad person.

If you hire a freelancer to work for you, and she does that work, and then you try clicking some buttons to get all of that money back... What's the difference, really?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members