🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: After doing the work, the customer sent t...
Page options
ivan_omelchenko
Community Member

After doing the work, the customer sent the work to the archive and didn't pay

Hello! The following situation happened. I sent a request to do the work. I approved of it. The customer dropped the source files to edit his video. I put it on the deadline. I edited the video and made a deadline. After I dropped the finished work, the customer stopped answering. And today I see that the work is archived, but I have no rating, no payment, but ratings.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ivan:

I am sorry about what happened. I am sorry that you will not be paid for your work on this project.

The good news is:

This was all your fault. You used Upwork incorrectly.

So all you need to do is use the tool correctly next time, and you will get paid.

It is GOOD to have the power, and you have the power to change your outcome for the better next time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ivan,

I checked and it seems that there wasn't a contract in place. It's important to note that you should never start working without an active contract, which would show on your My Jobs page. The client needs to send you an offer that you need to accept before starting the work.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ivan:

I am sorry about what happened. I am sorry that you will not be paid for your work on this project.

The good news is:

This was all your fault. You used Upwork incorrectly.

So all you need to do is use the tool correctly next time, and you will get paid.

It is GOOD to have the power, and you have the power to change your outcome for the better next time.

Hi Preston!

Thanks for the help. I realized that this was my mistake. Next time I will understand how this one works.

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths