After finishing and submitting the work, client doesn't approve/respond

Hi

After finishing a one-off project, submitting the work and requested for approval,
the client didn't show up, 
didn't reply to my message, didn't approve the project.

What should I do?
I read that I should just wait 14 days?
Do I have to write a report on this to anyone?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r

What would your report be about?

Was the project fully funded, and did you submit the work with the "Submit work and request payment" button?

If so the client has 14 days to review and request changes if needed. If the client does not request changes, the funds are released to you, but ONLY what was funded in Escrow.

Yes i did pressed the button,
So.. I should just wait for 14 days and even if she doesn't reply/approve I will still get the money in escrow?

thanks

@Sik Chai Y wrote:

Yes i did pressed the button,
So.. I should just wait for 14 days and even if she doesn't reply/approve I will still get the money in escrow?

That is what I said. Do double check it was fully funded though.

Oh thanks alot, 
its $5 funded but $0 of $5 paid
I guess I just have to wait

katrinabeaver

*deleted, Cross posted with Petra

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
g_vasilevski

Hi Sik,

As Petra mentioned already, the client has 14 days to review the work or request for changes. If the client does not release the payment after 14 days, the funds will be transferred to you.

You can file an escrow dispute if the client refuses to release funds for a completed milestone.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am in a situation similar to Goran's.  However, my question is that I haved submitted the deliverable, but the client has not given her approval to release payment.  She has made suggestions on the Message system that more work needs to be done but she has not responded on the Payment request page.

Does a private message count as a response, or does she need to do something more formal to avoid the 14 day clock.   

Harold,

If the client didn't request changes via the Submit/Review work form in the actual ticket, the payment will be released automatically after 14 days. A private message only doesn't reset the clock. You can ask your client to request changes via the form. Alternatively, you can click Resubmit on your form to reset the clock. Just make sure to let the client know why you're doing it.

~ Valeria
Upwork

@Harold H wrote:

I am in a situation similar to Goran's.  However, my question is that I haved submitted the deliverable, but the client has not given her approval to release payment.  She has made suggestions on the Message system that more work needs to be done but she has not responded on the Payment request page.

Does a private message count as a response, or does she need to do something more formal to avoid the 14 day clock.   

It's really to your advantage that the client responded this way, as you can make revisions without re-starting the clock on receiving payment.

That is, assuming the proposed revisions are within the scope of your contract.