🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » After getting my intial success rate at 27% f...
Page options
2a124a22
Community Member

After getting my intial success rate at 27% for the first time as a freelancer

I have been on the upwork platform as a freelancer for now 6 months and i have had some clients and when they gave me a success rate of 27% , whenever i submit proposals i nolonger get any response. What is the real problem ?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

What is the real problem ?

Very unhappy clients leaving very low private feedback.

whenever i submit proposals i nolonger get any response. 

Your profile needs work...

•  remove the video....  you look stiff and uncomfortable, like you are trying really hard to read some text, and the English isn't great and it's hard to understand what you are saying because the spoken English is so poor.
  • Edit your overview. There are too many mistakes, it is WAY too long and too much "I". 
  • Change your English level to something more realistic, any client expecting native level English skills will be disappointed and it is always better to under-promise and over-deliver than the other way around...
2a124a22
Community Member

What is  now the way out for this such issue to make things work out again and get a way out of  this mess ?

petra_r
Community Member

Kasoma L wrote:

What is  now the way out for this such issue to make things work out again and get a way out of  this mess ?

Completely rethink your approach. Be honest about your skills, rather than promising stuff you'll never be able to deliver.

Rewrite your overview, concentrating on how clients will benefit from hiring you rather than on you yourself. Keep it much shorter, and proofread it so it is not littered with mistakes like it is at the moment.

Be completely honest about your skills. Always under-promise and then over-deliver. Doing it the other way around results in the kind of JSS you have now.

2a124a22
Community Member

Thanks alot for your help and hope to work a upon it over this weekend and make things better concerning my profile.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members