cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After leave the world

unique48
Active

What about upwwork account if a freelancer/client die?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md N,

In the unfortunate event of a user's passing, any funds they have in their balance will be sent to their payment method as per the automatic payment schedule.

Untitled

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md N,

Could you please clarify your question?

Untitled

Suppose, after my death, $$ in account?

That would never, in my wildest dreams, be the first question I had when starting on UW!

It's not funny matter. As death is mandatory, so a system can implement like bank AC.

I didn't say it was a funny matter, I said it was a funny first question.

How do you know death is mandatory? I haven't died yet, and don't plan to. Personally, I think such an eventuality is as a result of social conditioning/lazy thinking, and until I feel the Grim Reaper's icy skeletal hand upon my shoulder, I shall continue to believe otherwise.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md N,

In the unfortunate event of a user's passing, any funds they have in their balance will be sent to their payment method as per the automatic payment schedule.

Untitled
anima9
Community Guru

There's a system for that. I'll play CS rep and look for it for you.

Thanks

anima9
Community Guru

Yeah!!! Just read 🙂

versailles
Community Guru

Two things are for sure, death and taxes. But taxes come first.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

In France, they also come afterwards! 😉

A much loved and very active member of E. passed away suddenly 4 years ago.

One of the provider's friends posted the news in the verison of a Coffee Break forum.

After shock and tears subsided someone had the presence of mind to check the person's profile.  There was an open and active job.  It took a rather loud demanding clamor from providers to have management notify the client. 

For obvious reasons, I have no idea if there was any money in the individual's account.  I must trust that E sent it (if there) on to the provider's bank account as would be proper.

Sadly, it isn't such an odd question.  😞

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS