🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: After making changes, now can I buy more ...
Page options
khangatharsh
Community Member

After making changes, now can I buy more connects?

Hey experts,

I recently joined Upwork, I created my profile but it was not so fair so as I was suggested to make changes in my profile, as I did the same.

I've completely changed my profile with correct grammar and attractive content. I've done everything honestly, what I'm expert in.

Because at first, I had spent my connects to bid on projects but couldn't win any project may be because of poor profile. But as of now, I've changed it honestly.

So, now it's my humble request to you experts that please now once have a look at my profile and suggest me if it needs more changes or anything else?

Should I now buy connects and bid on projects so that I can win projects.

Also, suggest to me how I can send a winnng cover letter to clients?

Sincerely,
Harsh Yaduvanshi.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
robbie-b
Community Member

Hi Harsh,

You're clearly having a hard time and are trying. You're into blogging, you're on Fiverr, you're trying to get going here and you're making it so much harder on yourself by playing the make money online game.

Starting from your profile, clients can do what I did and follow your online footprint. That reveals that you're not a web designer.

Until you're honest with yourself, clients are not going to hire you because they won't be able to trust you.

You have a lot going on in your profile that clients are going to see. Particularly, your association with the "make money online" market. (forfresher.com) That, I'd suspect, will raise a red flag with clients looking to hire a designer.

Your Nxt Label site (linked in your portfolio too) has a "make money with us" page telling people you do article writing, website management, web promotions, graphic design. Basically, any service that can be arbitraged.

People hiring designers know to look in the footer to find the design company.

Your footer link on for fresher reads WP Capsules. That goes to SiteTurner.com. Is that yours?

Then there's the fiver link on nxtlabel.wordpress.com. Now, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being on other gig sites. What I am going to say is you can write your description on Fiverr in the first person, but use the 3rd person here. What's the deal there? Changing to 1st and 3rd person isn't going to make a difference to landing clients.

What will is being transparent.

I've only clicked a few links and my perception is this is a guy that'll do anything for money, claims to be a web designer but has zero history of web design.

I know getting a start online is hard but from what I see, you're making it harder for yourself by trying the fake it 'til you make it approach.

At this stage, I'm going on the assumption that you're not a web designer. Because nothing I've seen suggests you are.

Try this.
Go here...

https://www.upwork.com/hire/

Look through the categories and pick a service that's not as risky to clients. In web design, you could be asking clients to risk thousands by taking a chance on you. 

Do a service that you're confident that you have the skills to do and be a valuable contact for businesses. Like, when they need something done, they'll be like, Harsh done a cracking job the last time, let's hire him.

Spend some time looking through the categories and the jobs clients are posting for. You're bound to find something you can do and get paid for and without having to make stuff up to get the job.

I hope what I've pointed out, helps you out. I don't mean to be tearing you down when you're just trying like everyone else - to earn a living. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Harsh Y wrote:

But as of now, I've changed it honestly.

So, now it's my humble request to you experts that please now once have a look at my profile and suggest me if it needs more changes or anything else?

I guess it is a matter of personal taste but I personally can't stand overviews written in the third person, it sounds pompous andremote and unapproachable. Why did you do that?

Is there any reason why you created yet another thread rather than continue one of the others, it is hard to see what has already been suggested and it's a bit spammy, as well.

Harsh Y wrote:

There is no formula. You want to address the client's individual project and how hiring you will help the client, which can be hard when there is little detail in the job post. But you should not try and get "samples" or use a template, but write individual proposals tailored to each job post.

florydev
Community Member

Sweet baby Jereome...were did you get the advice to go third person?  Can you imaging having a conversation with someone who talked like this?  

Take it back a step or two or a dozen.  Think about why someone is looking at your profile in the first place.  What are they hoping to see?

I think most clients coming to Upwork have a problem and they want to see that Harsh (awesome name by the way) can solve it.  They don't care about your interests or your passions or, really, anything about you.  They want to see that you will make their problem go away.

So try, as an exercise, to imagine yourself as a client coming in to look at your profile and needing someone to do exactly what YOU do best.  Then write an answer for that client about how you do that thing best.  I then think you should either hand it to a friend and ask them when they read it "does this sound like me?"  One of the reasons I cannot write your profile for you is that you have to be you and I have to be me and I believe if you write something that takes you away from that it will come off fake.

You need to show a client that you can do their work professionally but don't mistake my advice that you don't need to make a personal connection.  It's just that connection needs to be you can can trust me to get your work done because I know what I am doing.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Harsh Y wrote:

Hey experts,

I recently joined Upwork, I created my profile but it was not so fair so as I was suggested to make changes in my profile, as I did the same.

I've completely changed my profile with correct grammar and attractive content. I've done everything honestly, what I'm expert in.

Because at first, I had spent my connects to bid on projects but couldn't win any project may be because of poor profile. But as of now, I've changed it honestly.

Sincerely,
Harsh Yaduvanshi.

You really can't expect other people to hold your hand every step of the way. A large part of freelancing is being able to do stuff on your own. 

tlbp
Community Member

Harsh Y wrote:

Hey experts,

Sincerely,
Harsh Yaduvanshi.

You should be aware that, even if you had a perfect, you might still send proposals and not get gigs. There are more available freelancers than jobs so not everyone, no matter how qualified will be chosen. So the question you need to ask yourself is, how much money are you willing to risk on making bids. Don't assume that you will win any of them. You are spending money to have a chance

robbie-b
Community Member

Hi Harsh,

You're clearly having a hard time and are trying. You're into blogging, you're on Fiverr, you're trying to get going here and you're making it so much harder on yourself by playing the make money online game.

Starting from your profile, clients can do what I did and follow your online footprint. That reveals that you're not a web designer.

Until you're honest with yourself, clients are not going to hire you because they won't be able to trust you.

You have a lot going on in your profile that clients are going to see. Particularly, your association with the "make money online" market. (forfresher.com) That, I'd suspect, will raise a red flag with clients looking to hire a designer.

Your Nxt Label site (linked in your portfolio too) has a "make money with us" page telling people you do article writing, website management, web promotions, graphic design. Basically, any service that can be arbitraged.

People hiring designers know to look in the footer to find the design company.

Your footer link on for fresher reads WP Capsules. That goes to SiteTurner.com. Is that yours?

Then there's the fiver link on nxtlabel.wordpress.com. Now, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being on other gig sites. What I am going to say is you can write your description on Fiverr in the first person, but use the 3rd person here. What's the deal there? Changing to 1st and 3rd person isn't going to make a difference to landing clients.

What will is being transparent.

I've only clicked a few links and my perception is this is a guy that'll do anything for money, claims to be a web designer but has zero history of web design.

I know getting a start online is hard but from what I see, you're making it harder for yourself by trying the fake it 'til you make it approach.

At this stage, I'm going on the assumption that you're not a web designer. Because nothing I've seen suggests you are.

Try this.
Go here...

https://www.upwork.com/hire/

Look through the categories and pick a service that's not as risky to clients. In web design, you could be asking clients to risk thousands by taking a chance on you. 

Do a service that you're confident that you have the skills to do and be a valuable contact for businesses. Like, when they need something done, they'll be like, Harsh done a cracking job the last time, let's hire him.

Spend some time looking through the categories and the jobs clients are posting for. You're bound to find something you can do and get paid for and without having to make stuff up to get the job.

I hope what I've pointed out, helps you out. I don't mean to be tearing you down when you're just trying like everyone else - to earn a living. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths