Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After the agreement, now what ?

diana-arous
Ace Contributor
Diana A Member Since: Jun 14, 2016
1 of 14

I just found out about this community discussion wow

Ok  so long story short i just got my first client and we agreed on a  price, but i saw the upwork forms for 'contracts' and 'active jobs' and  am not sure how they work nor how to establish that i do have an active job.

any help is appreciated 🙂 

mariawicz5
Community Guru
Maria A Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
2 of 14

Did they actually send you a contract? Clients need to formally send you a contract and you need to accept before it becomes an active job.

diana-arous
Ace Contributor
3 of 14

No they haven't, the client is new as well, I should let them know about the contrat then.

Thank you 🙂

p_valdes
Community Guru
Pablo V Member Since: Dec 16, 2014
4 of 14

The first thing you need to understand is that there is not any agreement and you do not have any client still, because there is not a contract. You didn't clicked on a big green button; and if you take a look in your "My Jobs" tag you will not see anything (still). You need also to check if the payment of the client is verified.

Do not start working until you have a contract AND there is enough money to pay your first milestone; or you will be scammed. If the client starts making typical excuses like my bank is closed, I will do thursday, my computer was broken; or my dog ate my credit card; just decline the offer, run away and don't look back.

diana-arous
Ace Contributor
5 of 14

@Pablo V wrote:

The first thing you need to understand is that there is not any agreement and you do not have any client still, because there is not a contract. You do not push a big green button and if you take a look in your jobs tag you will not see nothing (still). You need also to check if the payment of the client is verified

Do not start working until you have a contract AND there is enough money to pay your first milestone; or you will be scammed. If the client start making the typical excuses, run and do not look back.

Noted, but how can i check if the payment of the client is verified ?

p_valdes
Community Guru
6 of 14

Easy. Look for a green badge that says "payment verified" under the client name.

Check also that the amount put on the milestone is the same that you agree to work for, and not 0.01 or something like this.

Of course do not accept to pay in advance with your money for any material or license, even if the client tells that you will "need" this software/material to do the job (even if there is a promise to refund you the money later); and do not accept to be paid out of upwork.

diana-arous
Ace Contributor
7 of 14

@Pablo V wrote:

Easy. Look for a green badge that says "payment verified" under the client name.

Check also that the amount put on the milestone is the same that you agree to work for, and not 0.01 or something like this.

Of course do not accept to pay in advance with your money for any material or license that you "need" to do the job even if there is a promise to refund them later; and do not accept to be paid out of upwork.

I see, the client isn't verified regarding payment, and umm, the milstone? (bear with me i'm new :D)

Should i ask him politely to verify his payment ?

p_valdes
Community Guru
8 of 14

menu: "?" -> new on upwork -> learn more -> FAQ

diana-arous
Ace Contributor
9 of 14

@Pablo V wrote:

menu: "?" -> new on upwork -> learn more -> FAQ

Alright, thank you.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
10 of 14

You want to see one thing OR the other. Don't need to see both at the same time.

Hourly Contracts => "payment verified"

Fixed-Price Contracts => funded milestone

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS