🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » After work done client not paying that i just...
Page options
mithoorashid
Community Member

After work done client not paying that i just take 1 hours for work.

Client post a job for porfit and loss dashboard. She hired me i setup dashboard correctly and fixed mistake. I asked for if she is satisfied or i need to change anything. She become unresponsive for whole month now she say she will not pay me because it take just some moments to setup.

What i do at the moment?

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rashid,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had with your client. I can see that a dispute has been opened for your contract and our team will continue to assist you directly on your dispute. To learn more about how you're protected under our Fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
kinector
Community Member

Rashid, not sure if I'm reading your description correctly, but it looks like you agreed on a price for a job that the client expected to take a long time to do. But it was not much work. So the client feels cheated. Probably thought your service is overpriced compared to the result.

I'd revisit your value proposition in general. Do work that is complicated and worth a lot to the client at the same time. Much smaller chance of getting into this kinda of disputes.

Also, think about if this kind job should be a fixed-price or an hourly project. Doing very little projects on this platform is a bit complicated in terms of the freelancer's track record it produces. Other platforms are better for this type of business.

Expectation management is the key in general.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members