🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » After work has been completed, Client is aski...
Page options
a64cdb7b
Community Member

After work has been completed, Client is asking for a Zoom call to explain the Work

It was a Fixed Price Contract, I have completed the work and submitted it for payment request.

Now client says he is unable to check the work and wants me to explain it on zoom call. 

Payment for milestone is not released yet.

What should i do?

15 REPLIES 15
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Explain what you did on a zoom call?

I would consider this part of the job, what are your doubts?

Martina P wrote:

Explain what you did on a zoom call?

I would consider this part of the job, what are your doubts? 

Actually i never had to explain the work in my previous fixed price contracts

This type of request is new to me

According to what you posted, the client is unable to check the work for themselves.  Since they are unable to check the work, they've asked to have a zoom meeting and asked for you to explain what you've done.

If you're in the messaging area, look at the upper right corner.  You should see an icon for a telephone.  Click the telephone icon.  It will not call your client.  It will give you the option to call them or to select Zoom to schedule a meeting.

You may not have encountered this before, but as others have stated, you should consider this part of the job.  

jeremiahbrown_1-1668307449131.png

Thanks for your help

nahidhasan771
Community Member

I think you should talk to the client on a zoom call. This will build a good relationship with your client. And you may get more work from this client in future.

"I ALWAYS LOVE TO HELP"

charlesbewlay
Community Member

I just hope the client isn't sneaking a way to not pay. Has he/she paid?

Milestone is funded

But payment is not released yet

How would asking for a call be "sneaking a way to not pay"? 

deborah-ponzio
Community Member

Sounds like a reasonable request by a client. I always offer to my clients to hook-up to go through the deliverables. This also paves the way for a good feedback. 

Ok thanks

I think i should explain him

deardipu
Community Member

Muskan, 

It is alright. You should go ahead and explain what you have worked. 

thanks

Yeah i think i should do that

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "After work has been completed, Client is asking for a Zoom call to explain the Work. It was a Fixed Price Contract, I have completed the work and submitted it for payment request. Now client says he is unable to check the work and wants me to explain it on zoom call. Payment for milestone is not released yet."

It is inappropriate and unprofessional for this client to ask you to work for free.

The written contract you have DOES NOT STIPULATE that you will participate in a Zoom call to explain the work.

This client is asking for free work.
This client is violating Upwork ToS.

This client is also behaving in a foolhardy way.

This client is risking the good will of a professional freelancer who can provide great value to him.

This client SHOULD offer to pay you for your time by setting up an HOURLY contract you can use to log time during the Zoom call.

What should i do?"

Muskan:
It might be the smart thing for YOU to simply do the Zoom call and talk to the client if that will help bring this contract to a conclusion and let you move on.

But that doesn't change the fact that the client's request is inappropriate.

a64cdb7b
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I have connected the client on zoom call

He asked 5-7 question all were not related to the work i did

He was trying to get into the same field, so wanted to gain some knowledge

i didn't asked him to pay for the call, i told him it's his choice if he wants to pay as the call lasted for 17 minutes

well of course he didn't pay for the call but released the payment, gave 5 stars and a good feedback.

do tell what could i have done differently in this situation.

Based on your account I think you managed this well, it's called client relationship. Looks like you got positive results out of this, isn't it? Wishing to learn more on a client's part looks normal to me. Also, the client may have wanted to get to know you as a person, which is good. If questions become very specific, you can kindly suggest to switch to paid consultancy. The client shall understand. 😉

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members