🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Age Restriction in Verification
Page options
ehertzog21
Community Member

Age Restriction in Verification

Hello! I was allowed to join UpWork and start freelancing, even though I am 17. Your site allowed me to join with no age restrictions; however, now that I go to verify, I cannot as I'm not 18 and my account is locked. Any help would be appreciated.
22 REPLIES 22
petra_r
Community Member

Elijah H wrote:
 now that I go to verify, I cannot as I'm not 18 and my account is locked. Any help would be appreciated.

Come back when you're 18

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elijah,

Unfortunately, you can’t use the site at the moment. Upwork requires users to be 18 years or older to utilize the site. Please check this Help Article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Bojan, and thank you for clarifying.  I was not aware when signing up that I had to be 18, and I have already started a contract as well and now have funds that can be withdrawn.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elijah,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
47f5ca1b
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I have the same issue, could you please give me a direct support ticket as well?

EDIT: I created the support ticket myself: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/38163597

Hoping for a positive reply

- Esh

re: "I have the same issue, could you please give me a direct support ticket as well?"

If you aren't 18 years old yet, you do not need support. You simply need to wait until you are 18 in order to set up an Upwork account and begin working as a freelancer.

But I have worked for an enterprise client as well and have some balance in my account...

There's no support ticket that can help you reaching the age of 18 in advance.... 😉 

Elijah H wrote:

I was not aware when signing up that I had to be 18, and I have already started a contract as well and now have funds that can be withdrawn.

The funds will go back to the client and you can try to rejoin when you are 18

akram_mohammud
Community Member

same problem bro

Hi Akram,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further advise you regarding this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,
Could you please have one of your agents reach out to me as well as I have the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ivelin,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you!. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Bojan,
I have the same issues and I would love if you had someone reach out to me as well

Hi Joshua,

Our team reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bd5d035c
Community Member

Hello Bojan, Same thing is happening with me. I have received the fund from clients and also i got the message to verify the account but because of age restriction I can't. Please help me out for same.

re: "Hello Bojan, Same thing is happening with me. I have received the fund from clients and also i got the message to verify the account but because of age restriction I can't. Please help me out for same."

If you are under 18, you are not allowed to use Upwork as a freelancer right now.

After you turn 18 years old, you will be able to create a new freelancer account.

Hi Karan,

Please know that you will need to complete the verification process that has been requested by our team. Preston is right. You must be at least 18 years old to join Upwork

~ Joanne
Upwork
c17ad797
Community Member

Hello , If we've balance in our account,Can We Withdraw our payment before verfying our profile? Please help.

Harsh M wrote:

Hello , If we've balance in our account,Can We Withdraw our payment before verfying our profile? Please help.

No, you won't be able to.
Why don't you do the verification? Are you under 18 years old?

shankar_subedi
Community Member

hi can you tell me  how did you veriry even if you were under 18 ?

re: "can you tell me how did you verify even if you were under 18?"

Doesn't really matter, does it?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members