Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agencies Inviting Freelancers To Join Team

Highlighted
Carlos Z Member Since: Jan 12, 2016
1 of 16

Hi All !

Wouldn't be a nice option if Upwork would allow agencies to find freelancers, contact them and invite them to join their team ? Upwork's concern is payments between agencies and their team, they prefer that this would be done personally outside of Upwork, and this is what stops this really wonderful option ! For a better successful community here on Upwork, this would really be essential and part of a better success mission.

Is there anybody out there who agrees with me ? any other suggestions ?

Thank You for stopping by my thread ...

Carlos

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
2 of 16

No, thank you!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
3 of 16

Not really getting what you're saying.. are you saying it would be good for agencies to contact freelancers and invite them to work for them and be paid outside Upwork? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
4 of 16

Nope.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 16

@Mariska P wrote:

Not really getting what you're saying.. are you saying it would be good for agencies to contact freelancers and invite them to work for them and be paid outside Upwork? 

ALL Upwork agency freelancers are paid outside of Upwork. That is hiw it works.

Clients pay the agency though Upwork for the work done, agency pays freelancers outside.

Personally I think joining an agency is only worth it for newbies with no chance of finding any work themselves.

Everyone else should stay WELL clear of agencies, including clients.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Mahmudul H Member Since: Jul 9, 2012
6 of 16
no way, outside payment from upwork is not a good idea but i agree it would be nice if agency can find freelancer here. thanks
TOP RATED - WordPress Designer and Developer
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 16

Don't know about the coding world, but writing agencies on here and formerly Elance would be terrible. At least in the writing world, they are nothing but junk.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
8 of 16

a writing agency..............no.

Highlighted
Oksana R Member Since: Feb 12, 2016
9 of 16

Hey guys.

Is it correct way to get freelancers into the team:

posting job as a client and while interviewing ask them for email and send invite by this email? 

Highlighted
10 of 16

@Oksana R wrote:

Hey guys.

Is it correct way to get freelancers into the team:

posting job as a client and while interviewing ask them for email and send invite by this email? 

To do the work they have offered you - now as a team member of the agency? Or has the job only been offered to get your email and to invite you to join the agency?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS