🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Agency 101
Page options
rowright
Community Member

Agency 101

I created an agency on the platform but would like to know how I can apply for jobs as the agency and how I can find jobs for the team members. Also, can they receive payments individually ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roxanne, 

I was unable to find articles specific to your question, but you may want to check out these blog articles to help you start your agency.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roxanne, 

When you own an agency, you will be asked if you want to submit your proposal as a freelancer, or as an agency member. 

Submitting proposals from your Freelancer accountSubmitting proposals from your Freelancer account

If you would like to submit proposals on behalf of your agency members, you need to switch to your agency account, and you should be able to choose who your submitting the proposal for. 

Submitting proposal from your Agency accountSubmitting proposal from your Agency account

Please know that when you own an agency, you are responsible for paying the freelancers under your agency, as all earnings of the agency go directly to the agency account. You may check out this page for more information about managing an agency.

~ Avery
Upwork
rowright
Community Member

Thank you Avery! This information was very helpful.

rowright
Community Member

Hello Avery. How do I edit the rate for the agency?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roxanne,

You, as an Agency owner, should be able to change your Agency Members Hourly rates under Agency Roster.
You won't be able to change their rates directly on their profiles. Please do log in your Agency account, select Find Work - Agency Roaster, and you'll be able to adjust their rates.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
rowright
Community Member

Ok thank you. Do you know if proposal samples are available for Agencies applying for projects?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roxanne, 

I was unable to find articles specific to your question, but you may want to check out these blog articles to help you start your agency.

~ Avery
Upwork
rowright
Community Member

Thank you Avery! 

rowright
Community Member

How do I switch back members from being Non Exclusive to Exclusive? I tried but it has been pending for quite awhile now.

Hi Roxanne,

Your team members will need to accept the invitation from their end and their status will be changed to exclusive. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Okay thank you for your help. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths