🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Agency Account - Allocating Jobs To Freel...
Page options
petersq
Community Member

Agency Account - Allocating Jobs To Freelancers

What exactly is the process for this?
For example, if a client invites an agency to a job, how does the agency owner allocate it to a specific freelancer?

Also when sending proposals, should the agency owner be sending it while selecting their account at the dropdown or should they be sending it depending on what freelancer they want to allocate to the job?
If the proposal needs to be sent from the freelancer that you want the job assigned to then does a chat room get created after submitting the proposal with the agency owner and freelancer so the agency owner can communicate?

8 REPLIES 8
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter, 

I would definitely recommend that you visit our support pages and read up the articles that are related to agency accounts. 

To start, here is a help article that explains agency proposals and offers in detail. When you send proposals through your agency account, you will be asked if you want to send the proposal as you (agency owner), or send it on behalf of an agency freelancer. The decision of from whome it will come from will fall on you as the agency owner. 

Here are other articles that will help you start working on Upwork as an agency. 

~ Avery
Upwork
petersq
Community Member

Hello Avery,
Thank you for your quick response!
I have gone through that section but it doesn't explain how it works in detail.
For example, if a owner submits a proposal on behalf of the agency, is that binded to the owner or can the owner move it to a freelancer once they have been hired? If they can move it to the freelancer, how exactly do they do that?

If a client invites the agency to a job, can the owner allocate a specific freelancer to the job?
If so, how exactly is that done?

I'm not sure if it's because my account is having issues or because I'm not sure what I'm doing but I have not seen any options where I can allocate jobs to a freelancer once invited to a job so i just want to ensure that I am not doing anything wrong. As a business manager, I'm assuming when accepting a job I should have a dropdown where I can select a specific freelancer to allocate to it?

petra_r
Community Member

Peter S wrote:

For example, if a owner submits a proposal on behalf of the agency, is that binded to the owner or can the owner move it to a freelancer once they have been hired?

That's not how it works. You can not apply "on behalf of the agency." Only on behalf of a freelancer under the agency. That can't be "moved."

Peter S wrote:

As a business manager, I'm assuming when accepting a job I should have a dropdown where I can select a specific freelancer to allocate to it?

Again, a client can not invite an agency. The person invited is who does the job. It can not be allocated to someone.

petersq
Community Member

If a business manager submits a proposal on behalf of a freelancer and the client replies, is that message seen by the business manager or does it go directly to the freelancer? Can the business manager then communicate with the client on behalf of the freelancer?

I'm then assuming that the freelancer needs to accept the job under the agency account (instead of their own) which is then put under the agency account right?

Also if a client cannot invite an agency then what is this button for exactly?

petra_r
Community Member

1) If a business manager submits a proposal on behalf of a freelancer and the client replies, is that message seen by the business manager or does it go directly to the freelancer? Can the business manager then communicate with the client on behalf of the freelancer?

2) I'm then assuming that the freelancer needs to accept the job under the agency account (instead of their own) which is then put under the agency account right?

1) Yes and 2) yes

Also if a client cannot invite an agency then what is this button for exactly?

Oh! That must be new, never seen that. Personally I avoid agencies and agency freelancers, so Imissed that bit. Until recently you could not hire an agency, only the freelancers

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter, 

When you click on the Hire/Invite to Job button, the freelancer who is featured in the search will be the freelancer that is automatically set in the invite/hire page. 

As a business manager/agency owner, you will have access to the message rooms between client and agency freelancer.

Regarding your next question, any contract a freelancer has, whether it's through their account, or through the agency, will be displayed in the freelancer's Work History. Contracts that are associated with an agency will have a note in the Work History. 

~ Avery
Upwork
petersq
Community Member

Thanks Avery and Petra!
One last thing... Is there a way to create a link to the agency with a specific freelancer featured?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

This feature is not available at the moment, Peter. But I'll let the team know that you are interested in this feature so that they can consider in future releases. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths