🐈 Community
happypen

Agency Financial Account Limitation

Hi All,
I need serious help. I co-founded an agency with a friend (he created the agency from his account) and I'm also an admin of the agency. The problem is that his Upwork account got permanently suspended and the Agency's financial account is limited too, so I can't make withdrawal of earnings from the agency account as a result of the limitation. I learnt that even with permanent suspension, a freelancer can log into the get paid section of his account and withdraw cleared payment from previous work done but neither of us can make withdrawal. I contacted support again today to know what can be done to lift the limitation but I've not been responded to since 11 hrs ago that I opened the ticket. The inability to withdraw the fund is seriously affecting my finances, I need help!
Thanks all
Regards
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If his suspension is permanent he just have to wait until he gets a response on his ticket. Yes, that can take time, he'll have to wait.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
aocumen
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to learn about your friend's account, Adefemi. 

We’ll follow up with the team that’s reviewing your ticket and they’ll update you directly as soon as possible. Feel free to follow up on the same ticket thread if you have any questions or need further assistance.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks Avery

I've still not received any response

@Adefemi A wrote:
I've still not received any response

Depending on the reason for the suspension this may take time to sort out.

As an agency freelancer your friend owes you the funds, as agency freelancers are paid outside Upwork.

If any reasons for the suspension may have been due to any dishonesty (such as giving false locations for people or businesses) the money may end up going back to the clients in question.

Interesting how all your earlier clients call you "Lori" and "she!"

Any explanation for that?

Thanks for your contribution Petra. BTW,
money goes back to the client in question even after job has been completed and the client left a nice feedback (review)?

Your inquiry regarding the earlier reviews on my account have been resolved over a year ago with the support, thanks for asking.
Regards

@Adefemi A wrote:
Thanks for your contribution Petra. BTW,
money goes back to the client in question even after job has been completed and the client left a nice feedback (review)?

Your inquiry regarding the earlier reviews on my account have been resolved over a year ago with the support, thanks for asking.
Regards

If the work was supposedly done by (let's say, for example) a person called Jan Fritzen in Stockholm, Sweden, but was really done by a person called Marianna Conti in Rome, Italy, then clearly that was fraudulent and won't get paid.

Your friend's account was suspended for a reason. That reason will determine what happens to the funds. They will either be released or go back.

Upwork is getting more proactive about people who outright lie about themselves. Maybe a year ago they let it slide after the fraudster changed to their real name and location, but no more.

The bes

Thanks Petra,
He didn't falsify his location, I guess he's owing a freelancer a few dollars and he's paid that last week (that's what he told me and he sent me screenshots of the payment). He was actually sent a mail that the suspension on his account is permanent and the decision is not reversible but that he can log in to the Get paid section and withdraw the cleared funds but he's still not able to and support his not responding to the ticket.

If his suspension is permanent he just have to wait until he gets a response on his ticket. Yes, that can take time, he'll have to wait.

OK,
Thanks for your contribution