🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Agency Owner JSS
Page options
92c7b416
Community Member

Agency Owner JSS

Please I want to clarify something.

If I have a personal JSS of 100%, and I start an Agency which then gets a first JSS of 20%.

Will my personal JSS drop to 20% as well?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ikechukwu,

Please keep in mind that freelancer profiles and agency profiles are different profiles. 

The agency job success score is calculated using the same formula for freelancers. But instead of contracts of just one freelancer, we look at all contracts of the agency's exclusive and non-exclusive agency contractors, ensuring that agencies and agency members have one consistent score. If you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thanks for your response.

However, it doesn't answer my question.

Here's what I don't understand:

"If a freelancer is exclusive to or the owner of an agency, the agency's JSS will be shown on the profile rather than an individual rating."

(The above is from the JSS page here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score)

Does this mean the agency's JSS is what will show on my individual profile, since I am the agency owner?

Thanks again.

MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Ikechukwu,

As the system currently functions, the owner's JSS will only match that of the agency if the owner is an Exclusive member of the agency. The help article you referenced does state otherwise and we are looking into this.

Thank you,

Mike

Agency Program Coordinator

Cheers,
Mike
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members