🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Agency owner and profile of team members is n...
Page options
h-ndre
Community Member

Agency owner and profile of team members is not approved

Hi there, I set-up an agency and invited two of my team members. However, they are not able to submit proposals in their names as their profile is not approved. What must I do to get their profiles approved so that we can work as an agency? 

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

@Handre W wrote:

What must I do to get their profiles approved so that we can work as an agency? 

If Upwork does not approve them, they can't work on Upwork.

At the moment about 10.000 hopefuls try to join Upwork every day, and 98% are rejected.

Of the ones who are accepted, most never win their first contract.

The last thing a new freelancer without any record should try and do is set up an agency. So many clients won't touch an agency freelancer with a bargepole, so reducing the already incredibly competitive pool of available contracts down to even less by being associated with an agency is not a promising strategy.

PS - One of your freelancer misrepresenting his location isn't helping any... That kind of stunt can get the whole agency kicked out.

h-ndre
Community Member

Well in that case, it doesn't make sense for me to be on upwork as our work is a team effort and I rely on my other 2 team members. If their profile cannot be activated, I would like to close the agency. I removed them from the team list, but I'm still not able to close the agency. What must I do to remove it from my profile?

Hi Handre,

In order to close agency, agency owner has to prepare the agency for closing, that includes closing all open contracts and withdrawing proposals associated with the agency.  You may read this article to help you know how to close your agency.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks for the feedback. Since I paid the $20 and wasn't able to use the agency, how can I claim back the money? It hasn't been communicated that only members of Upwork can operate in an agency and therefore the information was kind of misleading. Whom must I contact to get a refund of the payment?

petra_r
Community Member

@Handre W wrote:

It hasn't been communicated that only members of Upwork can operate in an agency

Surely that is kind of obvious? It also doesn't lend credibility to your agency when members blatantly lie on their profile...

Hi Handre,

I have escalated your request to our team and they will reach out to you directly in order to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Jan 31
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths