🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Agency received job offer
Page options
kicsee
Community Member

Agency received job offer

Hi!

I have created an agency and one hour ago I accepted an offer for a job with my Agency account (i could select if I accept with my freelancer or agency). My issue is that only I can work on the job and my other member in the agency can't log time(She has the same privileges as me)

Does she need to accept the offer as the agency or how does it work? 

Thanks!
Adam

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Adam K wrote:
1 ok thanks
2 it is
3 yes i know, i was just wondering whats the point of working together in the agency then “as a group we cant work together right?”

2 - Why is it not showing on the agency profile then?

3 - you can "work together" in the sense of a client hiring several people through an agency for different parts of the same project for example, one back end programmer, one interface designer, one who writes the content, one marketing person, three translators to translate the content into 3 languages (for example) - all with their own contracts through the agency, working on a common project - managed by the agency owner acting as the project manager. That is the idea.

Overall, personally, I would not use an agency as a client and would not have one and would not be in one.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
petra_r
Community Member

Adam K wrote:

Hi!

I have created an agency and one hour ago I accepted an offer for a job with my Agency account (i could select if I accept with my freelancer or agency). My issue is that only I can work on the job and my other member in the agency can't log time(She has the same privileges as me)

Does she need to accept the offer as the agency or how does it work?

As I explained to you yesterday, ***ONLY*** you can work a contract you were hired on through your agency. If your agency freelancer was supposed to work the contract, she proposal should have been with her profile.

You got the offer, it is your contract, you need to be the (only) one who works the contract.

Clients do not and can not hire an agency.  Ever. Clients can hire freelancers through an agency. There is no such thing as "accepting an offer as an agency" - There is only the option for the person who receives the offer to accept it as either an individual freelancer or as an agency freelancer.

There is also no sign of a second person on your agency profile. Is that other freelancer'sprofile approved? If it is not, she can't work on Upwork anyway.

kicsee
Community Member

Thanks!

Is it possible to change terms after i accepted the offer or i should end the contract and ask the client to send it to my teammember throught agency?

Just a question, is it possible that 2person can work on a job? someone from 8-10am and someone from 11-12 (just an example)
petra_r
Community Member

Adam K wrote:
Thanks!

1) Is it possible to change terms after i accepted the offer
2) or i should end the contract and ask the client to send it to my teammember throught agency?
3) Just a question, is it possible that 2person can work on a job? someone from 8-10am and someone from 11-12 (just an example)

1) No.

2) Is the "teammember's" profile approved? If not, she can not work on Upwork. If the client wants to work with the other freelancer, they have to hire her (IF her profile was accepted.)

3) Absolutely not. Letting anyone track time on your contract can get you (and the other person) removed from the platform.

kicsee
Community Member

1 ok thanks
2 it is
3 yes i know, i was just wondering whats the point of working together in the agency then “as a group we cant work together right?”
petra_r
Community Member

Adam K wrote:
1 ok thanks
2 it is

2 - Why is it not showing on the agency profile then?

3 - you can "work together" in the sense of a client hiring several people through an agency for different parts of the same project for example, one back end programmer, one interface designer, one who writes the content, one marketing person, three translators to translate the content into 3 languages (for example) - all with their own contracts through the agency, working on a common project - managed by the agency owner acting as the project manager. That is the idea.

Overall, personally, I would not use an agency as a client and would not have one and would not be in one.

kicsee
Community Member

Thanks Petra!

This is helpful!

Petra R wrote:

Being new to Upwork and having joined with the initial express purpose of working in an agency, I appreciate finding this in the forum as I couldn't locate any specific support documentation. Thank you for your contribution.

While I can understand the intent, this method seems unnecessarily cumbersome for all parties involved. It certainly doesn't reflect 'brick & mortar' reality nor a logical approach to "the agency owner acting as the project manager." In your example, seven contracts is an absurd way to accomplish the requirements of a singular project.

Flat rate should be just that, with assignments at will, while hourly contracts should be a negotiated agency rate with an NTE, with individual freelancers contracted to the agency—their rates and terms managed by... oh, the PM!

This system appears to be a convenient workaround to leverage an existing backend built for solo freelancers. It does make me wonder if there's a plan to port it to a better process.

Not that anyone is paying attention to this thread, but thought I'd post a quick follow-up.

I'm about to start working on my first small project via agency and there's already been a hiccup. The client was confused about the agency hiring process, resulting in a 48 hour delay for something time sensitive. Client isn't new to the platform either. IIRC, they've had ~35 previous contracts. 

Adam K wrote:
Thanks!

Is it possible to change terms after i accepted the offer or i should end the contract and ask the client to send it to my teammember throught agency?

It is your decision. Ending the contract you have accepted now will result in a zero-payment contract which will be bad for your JSS. 

I don't know how willing the client is to hire somebody else. He thought he would be hiring you, so the other freelancer might not be to his liking for whatever reason. 

What you are not allowed to do is let somebody else do the work. If you share your login data with another person your account will be suspended permanently. 

If I were you I would do what the client expects - that you yourself do the work. 

In the future you need to accept that you can't bend the upwork system to comply with your itentions. You have made a fundamental mistake accepting a contract seemingly without intending to do the work yourself. 

Thanks!
I already talked with my client and he knows everything, so what is between the client and me is already set i was expecting solution in order to solve this. I only receieve “negative” rules on what i should not do. I know UpWork rules i just asked a solution what to do.

thanks!
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members