» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Agile / Jira / Sprints not disclosed
Page options
psheybani
Community Member

Agile / Jira / Sprints not disclosed

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

No, don't put something like that into your profile. It would make you appear difficult to work with, and you don't want to create that impression. The time to tell the client you are not qualified is during pre-hire discussions. (on upwork)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dd63c576
Community Member

Simply, Don't apply for those jobs which aren't same as your skills 

I apply for jobs that state they want a project manager, and not for any that say they want Jira or an agile PM.  But once I get hired, they disclose that they operate on agile and would like me to engage in that way.  I end up having to tell them, that is out of scope and creates tension.   It has happened often.  They do not disclose or put in the job description that is what they want. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

No, don't put something like that into your profile. It would make you appear difficult to work with, and you don't want to create that impression. The time to tell the client you are not qualified is during pre-hire discussions. (on upwork)

I ask them in prehire what tools and they do not mention Jira or Agile.  I just will start sending them a checklist during interviewing process to disclose what tools they expect me to work in and what type of PM methodology does their company practice.  Get it on paper and documented.  I just wonder if this is something that happens to other PMs on Upwork too. 

Maybe all the other project managers learned how to use Jira and Agile.

Appreciate your reply, but that is not really the point.  

If I know that is what they are looking for upfront then it allows me a fair chance to bid the appropriate rate, and asses if it is something I have the bandwidth or want to engage in.  It is not fair to not disclose that, get me to bid lower, then once engaged mention that they expect me to work and do agile PM and work in Jira.  ( and yes I know how to do that work too, but I prefer to not take contracts involving that at times)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths