🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Agreed budget $450 Client harassing me to sel...
Page options
rexoninnovations
Community Member

Agreed budget $450 Client harassing me to sell it to him for $100.

Hi, 

1. On this contract the agreed budget was $450 and I split it into 3x$150 milestones on the proposal. But he only made a $50 milestone to start the project. I have not agreed with to start with the $50 milestone. Then he said his card was blocked here and asked to get paid me at**Edited for community guidelines**. So I said I want to get paid here only. then he cancelled the project and asked for a $50 refund. I have done the refund.

2. After a week he contacted me again to sell him to for just $100. I said I will only sell it for the agreed budget of $450. After so many rounds of negotiation, he said he only pay $100. From this activity, you can clearly understand he already had a plan to get $450 worth of work for $100. Because I have done this work almost I agreed to sell him for $100. So he asked me to send a direct contract with another email ID. I asked regarding this at Upwork forum support. The support agent said it is against Upwork terms of service and they suggested stay away from him.

3. Because early he cancelled the project my job success score was affected. Then he contacted me after a week asked to sell the work for $100 and his card is working with Upwork. on a new project. He blackmailed If I do not sell the work he will contact Upwork and my Upwork score will affect.

4. As 10 years experienced freelancer what should I do now? I have to follow the Upwork terms of service and also I need to earn money for a living and at the same time, I need to make sure he is not cheating and not doing bad to my job success score. So asked to make milestone payment with a new contract and end it. So I can transfer the source and design to his website.

He contacted upwork support and I got a email says. Warning: Upwork Account Violation

I am sorry If I have done anything wrong and please mention what is wrong on my end. So I can avoid it in future.

From the beginning, he harassed me to sell the $450 work for $100. I have not done any harassment and not posted any abusive content.

Thanks,

Joel.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Joel,

I checked your account and it looks like our team is already assisting you directly via ticket. Please check your ticket by logging in to your account and going here

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "On this contract the agreed budget was $450 and I split it into 3x$150 milestones on the proposal. But he only made a $50 milestone to start the project."

Then I closed the contract immediately, returning the $50 to him. If he messages me with any more nonsense, I immediately block him.

End of story.

JoanneP

Hi Joel,

I checked your account and it looks like our team is already assisting you directly via ticket. Please check your ticket by logging in to your account and going here

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Ok. Thank you.

Joel.

petra_r
Community Member

Why in the world did you ever agree to a contract with that person, after they had clearly shown you what kind of client they are. And not just once, but twice. And without proper funding?

Your success (or failure) on this platform is determined as much by which clients you walk away from and refuse to work with as by the contracts you accept.

Hi,

Ok, thank you for your support and suggestions.

Joel.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members