🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Agressive client, lying, inappropriate behavi...
Page options
a9a3feb6
Community Member

Agressive client, lying, inappropriate behaviour!

Hello, I have a problem,

the client said that it was a quick redesign work, which I accepted, once I started he came up with 26 new flows, which he thinks I have to do for free)))

when I submitted all my work, he called me a fraud, because I didn't want to do the free job! 

I already sent him a kind message that his behavior is entirely inappropriate, but he's continuing, what can I do?

I want to end the contract!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sajal36
Community Member

Hi, 

I believe not abiding to professional ethics in business communication is condemnable. I believe you did the right thing by writing a professional note to client to abide to code of business conduct (COBC). And I am sure that client would have definitely understood that he did not worked as per COBC.

However I read your message which you have attached, I understand that client was expecting certain implicit requirement in terms of certain action button and others which were not communicated by him. Moreover he took this as a requirement miss and considered it as job not done.

You have already delivered him the work so you have the right to get paid for the same. If you end the contract than client may not pay you the money / balance money.  Rather, I will suggest that you highlight the increase of work scope done by client & look at the missing requirement and ask for payment revision. If he agrees than you can freeze on the work scope and deliver the work accordingly. If he does not agree than let him close the project and you can raise the dispute, if not paid.

I will highlight you some aspect, that as we work in remote setup client is not able to elicit the requirement clearly. So we must ensure that we freeze on scope in document form before we start on the project.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "...what can I do? I want to end the contract!"

You can end the contract.

sajal36
Community Member

Hi, 

I believe not abiding to professional ethics in business communication is condemnable. I believe you did the right thing by writing a professional note to client to abide to code of business conduct (COBC). And I am sure that client would have definitely understood that he did not worked as per COBC.

However I read your message which you have attached, I understand that client was expecting certain implicit requirement in terms of certain action button and others which were not communicated by him. Moreover he took this as a requirement miss and considered it as job not done.

You have already delivered him the work so you have the right to get paid for the same. If you end the contract than client may not pay you the money / balance money.  Rather, I will suggest that you highlight the increase of work scope done by client & look at the missing requirement and ask for payment revision. If he agrees than you can freeze on the work scope and deliver the work accordingly. If he does not agree than let him close the project and you can raise the dispute, if not paid.

I will highlight you some aspect, that as we work in remote setup client is not able to elicit the requirement clearly. So we must ensure that we freeze on scope in document form before we start on the project.

mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Is this fixed price or hourly?  If hourly, and if you used the Time Tracker appropriately, you should get paid. If it's fixed price, submit for payment. If he does nothing, you will get paid after (I think) 14 or 15 days.  If he disputes, get a mediator involved.  They will try to get each of you to meet somewhere in the middle. And if he doesn't pay you, he does not own the product and cannot use it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members