🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » All my active proposals were withdrawn by the...
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424

Hi Cherrie,

Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria,

~Andrea
Upwork
justinlinda
Community Member

I created Upwork account a few years ago but I did not work until now. As well, I did not do ID verification. Now I want to verify my identity and work on this website. So, I want to know, can I continue work from now on this website? And Can I get ID verification?

Nimesha K wrote:

I created Upwork account a few years ago but I did not work until now. As well, I did not do ID verification. Now I want to verify my identity and work on this website. So, I want to know, can I continue work from now on this website? And Can I get ID verification?

You can work even if you are not verified yet. Don't worry about it, if upwork wants to do your verification, they'll ask you. 

7e2c65e9
Community Member

Hi
I sent my information to verify my account but I haven't received any response after a few days, it says on the site that a response will come within 1 business day. Can you please help me?
Regards

Hi Azer,

I'm sorry about the delay. I checked with the team and you should be all set now. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
0e581242
Community Member

Hey,
Around 3 days ago... When I was about to purchase connects Upwork asked me to reverify my identification..
and now its been 3 days I am sill waiting to get Reverifiyed... !!
Matter is ... I am out of connects... and Cannot buy more as It says your account is being reviewing.. !!

Isn't annoying... As I am unable to submit Proposals...
Please guide

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad Ahmad,

It looks like you've already successfully completed the verification process. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mansoorktk
Community Member

Hello everyone, I need ID verification and Badge verification.  please anyone can help me?

Mansoor K wrote:

Hello everyone, I need ID verification and Badge verification.  please anyone can help me?

You can't request either of them. Wait until you hear from upwork. 

f84ad9a4
Community Member

I need to verify my ID. but I was not asked to do that. It has been about three weeks since the profile was completed. Are there any reasons not to verify my identity card? Inform.

thank you

Hi Priyadarshani,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. Only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Nikola
Upwork
dealdesign01
Community Member

How can I verify my identity ?

Hi Hina,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
neelamrana61
Community Member

id verified option error and did not open the page how I can solve this?

Hi Neelam,

I checked and it doesn’t look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
6fa0b76c
Community Member

Hey!
When i tried to verify my ID, my drivers license got rejected. when i tried to veryfy it again, the support chat said to have a video chat to confirm my ID. It said that the link to the video chat is sent to my email. but it never did. Could i request vor an ID verification please?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mintautas,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
a044ff1b
Community Member

this is not fair behavior, according to whom and according to what account verification is done. I've been sending emails for more than a month, no progress. I want to verify my account.

Hi Omer,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. I would like to clarify that only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I am currently having trouble with verifying my face on Upwork because I keep getting the message “face not detected”. I have tried all I could including coming outside in broad daylight as well as standing in front of a dark background, all to no avail. Please, how do I solve this problem? Thanks for your help.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delay as I looked into this further, Chigozie. 

The team has reached out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
8e9f6223
Community Member

Hi ! Currently I am trying to verify my ID and photo, however there is always an error saying that “ We can verify your ID right now pls contact our support “. Could anyone help me with this. Thanks a bunch

Hi Ngo, 

I was not able to replicate any issues. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists? If so, please send a screenshot so we could check.

~Andrea
Upwork
8bf10263
Community Member

Name changed, but not showing when submitting government id, My previous name on Upwork was Hassan **Edited for Community Guidelines** (my nickname), Now I have changed it to Atshan Ullah **Edited for Community Guidelines** (my legal name), but when I want to submit the official Government id, it still says my old name. Any solution for this.(by the way its already changed to my legal name in contact info tab.)

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Atshan,

I checked with the team and you can continue with the verification regardless of the old name showing on the form. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi' i have changed my profile name but when i go to submit a government id it shows my old name

5e53a0d4
Community Member

Hello, 

I'm having trouble with Upwork's verification. I've uploaded my ID document and am now supposed to take a selfie. But whenever I do this (use my phone camera and position my face in that circle), it tells me "Smile to take a picture". And every time right after I smile, the text changes to "No face found". 

Is this software kidding me? Of course it detects a face, because always 0.1s after I smile it changes the text. But why won't it accept my face? 

Thanks for any help.

Hi Manuel,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
4875a3f0
Community Member

Could you please help me with the proposal sending problem. I'm totally new on this web site and cant understand why the button "Send a proposal" is not active. However, when I just registered this button was active.

Hi Shoaib,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Shoaib K wrote:

Could you please help me with the proposal sending problem. I'm totally new on this web site and cant understand why the button "Send a proposal" is not active. However, when I just registered this button was active.

Has you profile been suspended? It seems to be unavailable. 

Hi Shoaib,

I see the team asked you to verify your identity and earn the ID Verification Badge. As you didn't complete the verification within 7 days, your account was put on hold. The hold is preventing you from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Also, any active proposal that has been submitted is canceled. However, the hold doesn't affect your ability to work on existing contracts. To remove the hold, please go to Settings > Identity Verification and start the process. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
14a89df2
Community Member

I want my identification to be verified I know my id is already verified but I want to have the verified badge. I searched for it on youtube, but in that video that person has "identity verification" in his account settings, I can't find it in my settings. I searched for answers in Upwork's help but it only gave me the link of identity verification in which every time I click it, an error occurred pops up.

Hi Thalia,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment which is why you can't access the page. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Maybe I should have the verified badge if that's the case. I just think that badge can also help me to get clients as much as freelancers also check for clients with badges.

Hi Thalia,

Verification cannot be requested. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

If there's no need for verification as of this moment, how can I get a verified badge?

Hi Thalia,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
944ff699
Community Member

Last friday, my account was suspended with pending verification of identity, when my account got back, all my proposals (52) were withdrawn by the system. I demand that I either you make it active again or I get back my connects.

petra_r
Community Member

Nestor N wrote:

Last friday, my account was suspended with pending verification of identity, when my account got back, all my proposals (52) were withdrawn by the system. I demand that I either you make it active again or I get back my connects.

Had you reacted when you were originally asked to verify your identity, this would not have happened.

You don't get to "demand" anything.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members