cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: All of my project files are over 5MB, how do I upload them

Highlighted
George J Member Since: Jul 1, 2016
11 of 22

As a point of clarification, I was trying to upload some examples of my work on to the "Portfolio" section of my profile. The current 5MB limit makes this near impossible.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 22

Upwork should allow portfolio items that are static images which link to high quality streaming video on established sites such as YouTube or Vimeo.

Highlighted
Debbie K Member Since: Jul 19, 2016
13 of 22

Preston, 

That is a good solution for video folks... mine is print work, so something else would be a good option Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
14 of 22

Debbie, although you do print work, your potential clients are going to view your portfolio on a computer screen. You do not need to include full-resolution, full-size images in order to convince clients that you know what you're doing.

5 MB is enough for high quality PDF files or jpeg/png files which show off your work.

Highlighted
15 of 22

Preston,

Thank you for writing me! The problem however is that the reduced size pdf file is just under 20 mb. The only way I can get that under 5 mb is do delete about 3/4 of the pages in the magazine.

Highlighted
Community Guru
16 of 22

You're trying to upload an entire magazine as a porfolio piece?

Yes, I can see how that would be impossible to fit into the size requirements and maintain high-quality imagery.

I understand the interest in allowing for larger portfolio piece file sizes.

Given the current limitations, if I was faced with a similar situation, I would probably split up the magazine and present individual pages as portfolio items, grouped together, and have a full-size downloadable PDF version I can link to in proposals.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
17 of 22

@Preston H wrote:

....You do not need to include full-resolution, full-size images in order to convince clients that you know what you're doing.

5 MB is enough for high quality PDF files or jpeg/png files which show off your work.

Preston,

The breadth of your marketing expertise never fails to astonish.

Best,

Michael

Highlighted
Community Guru
18 of 22

re: "The breadth of your marketing expertise never fails to astonish"

Not a marketing expert, but I have hired a couple dozen graphic artists, web designers and illustrators on Upwork.

I only look at the portfolio on the contractor's Upwork page. I have found a wide range of artists have been able to use the present portfolio format to present impressive portfolios. I spent many years working as a graphic designer myself, and I understand that files can be saved in lower-resolution formats that look good on screen, but which might not be suitable for print.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
19 of 22

Thanks for addressing your current needs and genuine expertise, Preston. It is more than my remark deserved.

I do wonder if you were working in the 4- and 5K horizontal resolution world that has become the norm for video production.

Thanks and best,
Michael

20 of 22

Thank you again, Preston. Though not would I prefer, I will split up the document. Just mentioning, it's a pdf I saved at "reduced size" so they aren't even high res images. For the record, I still feel like 5 mb is a too-small size to be allowed for portfolio viewing - I'm feeling the pain for my cohorts on this site who do video work, etc!

Debbie

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS