🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » All proposals withdrawn
Page options
anassiddiqui2
Community Member

All proposals withdrawn

Hello! My account was placed on a temporary hold last night. I did as I had been instructed, and my account was restored in a few hours, which is commendable.

However, when I logged in to my account this morning, I saw that all of my proposals were withdrawn?! Now, this is pretty absurd. I understand the reason for not letting a person submit proposals any further upon receiving a suspension but withdrawing all of their proposals and especially when you know that the suspension is temporary? It does not make sense to me even if it is part of your policy.

For your information, I had submitted 100+ proposals and withdrawing all of the proposals mean that all of my connects went to waste, and I can never earn the potential revenue that I could have earned.

Can I at least get my connects refunded because I was not the one to withdraw those proposals in the first place so technically Upwork should refund the connects back to my account?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anas,

Please note that once account is put on hold all active proposals are withdrawn because of the hold. 

This thread will be closed from further replies. As a gentle reminder, please be mindful of the Community Guidelines when posting in the Community.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
tlbp
Community Member

Why was your account suspended? 

I had accepted to receive payment outside of Upwork. The deal never happened but that's no excuse I understand that.

Anas S wrote:

I had accepted to receive payment outside of Upwork. The deal never happened but that's no excuse I understand that.

You should be thankful that you still have an account. Consider losing your open proposals a small price to pay. 

I know it sucks, but I am surprised that you didn't get locked out, too. 

Maybe in the future this can be more like a connection spot, but there are probably other places for that.

Anas S wrote:

Thanks for being the reason we now have the dumb no contact before contract rule. The only reason you kept your account was because you've made money here.

k_nadel
Community Member

Anas S wrote:

Hello! My account was placed on a temporary hold last night. I did as I had been instructed, and my account was restored in a few hours, which is commendable.

However, when I logged in to my account this morning, I saw that all of my proposals were withdrawn?! Now, this is pretty absurd. I understand the reason for not letting a person submit proposals any further upon receiving a suspension but withdrawing all of their proposals and especially when you know that the suspension is temporary? It does not make sense to me even if it is part of your policy.

For your information, I had submitted 100+ proposals and withdrawing all of the proposals mean that all of my connects went to waste, and I can never earn the potential revenue that I could have earned.

Can I at least get my connects refunded because I was not the one to withdraw those proposals in the first place so technically Upwork should refund the connects back to my account?

Technically, you should no longer have an account. You were in clear breach of the TOS and thanks to people like you new rules that will make everyone's life harder are being implemented.

It's also funny that you were OK with cheating UpWork of their money, but now you come here whining about your "potential loss of revenue", unbelievable.

Just be thankful that you're still allowed to use the platform.

anassiddiqui2
Community Member

I am fully aware of the mistake I did, and I am sincerely apologetic about it. I should not have done that. But after seeing the comments on this thread, I believe context is necessary, so, here you go: It's been three months since I joined Upwork and I have never personally asked any of my clients to pay me outside of Upwork. On this particular occasion, I was asked by the client to receive payment through a payment service outside of Upwork, and I was not aware of the fact that it was a violation of Upwork's TOS until my account was suspended. I also understand that not knowing the policies is also my fault. But what some of the people commenting here need to understand is that I am a new member and I am still learning.   

As for the comments on this thread, I am really concerned about the way some of the experienced members of the community, or the 'community gurus', treat relatively new members like me. I am deeply saddened to see some comments that are nothing but utterly derogatory. There's a comment that is full of ad hominems against me. Calling someone 'fraud', 'lowlife', 'devoid of values' without even knowing the entire story is extremely unsettling and totally uncalled for. Upwork is all about connecting people from different parts of the world and creating an environment in which they can work together in harmony. Making personal attacks on someone is definitely not helping that.

I appreciate the other responses that provided me with constructive criticism which will allow me to improve and be more careful next time. I genuinely appreciate it. Thank you!

Finally, I would like to establish that I have no intentions of 'stealing' Upwork's revenue or doing any sort of 'fraudulent' activity. I assure the freelancer community that this was a one-off incident and nothing of this sort will ever happen again. Adios!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anas,

Please note that once account is put on hold all active proposals are withdrawn because of the hold. 

This thread will be closed from further replies. As a gentle reminder, please be mindful of the Community Guidelines when posting in the Community.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths