cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I invisible to oDesk?

Naurid Kashpia S Member Since: Nov 6, 2014
1 of 4

Hi there, 

Hope everybody is doing well. But a bit concern about my oDesk profile. It's a brand new 100% complete profile but it's not visible in search. I tried searching on oDesk selecting "search freelancer" option. I also checked on google and bing. There is no report of my name and profile related to oDesk. When I search on oDesk, it shows "no freelancer found".  I see some other people who are newer than me by searching their name. Is there any problem with my profile?

Also, I have seen many posts where it was adviced to keep hourly rate as low as possible at the begining. But many of you also suggest to set a adequate hourly rate. I am very confused about which one I should consider. Can you please suggest me what hourly rate I should ask for my current profile standard?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Hi Naurid,

Your profile is set to public and I was able to see it in the results when I searched for your name while logged into my client profile. Here is a screenshot:

https://url.odesk.com/_01LEYy0AG4BEexeXJsqZLKNv9xc10ARYXV

I would recommend you keep applying for jobs within your skillset as much as possible and send well-written cover letters. It is hard to get the first job on oDesk and it takes some time and patience, but then it only gets better after that.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Manish A Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
3 of 4

Hi Naurid,

There is no problem with your profile, I just searched with keyword "Naurid" and it displays your Profile.

As far as your profile rates are concerned, I think your current rate is appropriate as per your skills mentioned. However, this is at your discretion what rate you quote in your application depending on your desperation for job.

Good Luck,

Manish.

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
4 of 4

I think your rate is fair, but only you can determine what your time is worth. When I started out, I set my rate to the minimum I needed, and increased it from there once I had a gained some good ratings. 

This is more than you asked for, but have you considered adding portfolio items? I always look at the portfolio when hiring and you can make quite the impression with colorful, well formatted, and well thought through charts etc. If you don't have a portfolio yet, invest an hour or two and create some examples. It makes a difference.

Your overview consists of some high value skills (Strategic Management Analysis) and some really low value ones (Copy/paste from website to excel/google docs). I would strongly suggest to focus on your high value skills as you're not going to make $8 for copy/paste work but could easily double or triple your rate over time on your high value skills. What difference can you/your work make? Can you save or make someone money, help them save time, and/or make their lives easier? If so, mention how your work can make an impact in your overview and cover letters and you will have no issues getting hired at your current rate.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS