🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Am I obliged to earn the ID verification ...
Page options
eric5037
Community Member

Am I obliged to earn the ID verification badge?

Hi, 

1. Freelancers who have received an email/account notification letting them know that they are required to earn the badge
  2. Freelancers who have received an email/account notification letting them know they are eligible to earn the badge, but it’s not yet a requirement for them
  3. Freelancers who have received no notifications to earn the badge because they are not yet required or eligible to earn the badge

I don't remember if I have received an email from upwork. 

In my account, I have a simple "Get an Identity Verified badge to help build trust with your clients. Learn more."

Is that a requirement, an obligation or just an invitation?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
wlyonsatl
Community Member

I got a notice earlier this week that I'd have to get the certified ID badge as of some point in August.

I went ahead and did it - it took all of five minutes.

Will L wrote:

I got a notice earlier this week that I'd have to get the certified ID badge as of some point in August.

I went ahead and did it - it took all of five minutes.

Thanks, Will. I was verified a year ago and it took may be 10 mn but what I wanted to know is if I am obliged to do it or not.

Eric, 

The message I got last week included the following:

Starting in August, we'll be gradually contacting freelancers like you and requiring them to earn the Identity Verified Badge.

Once notified, you will have 7 days to successfully complete the process, after which your account will be placed on hold until it's complete.

UNQUOTE

That sounds like it will soon be mandatory.

Will L wrote:

Eric, 

The message I got last week included the following:

Starting in August, we'll be gradually contacting freelancers like you and requiring them to earn the Identity Verified Badge.

Once notified, you will have 7 days to successfully complete the process, after which your account will be placed on hold until it's complete.

UNQUOTE

That sounds like it will soon be mandatory.

Thanks, Will, you're right:  soon!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eric,

The account notification you're referring to confirms that your account is eligible for the ID verification badge, it isn't a requirement.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
eric5037
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Eric,

The account notification you're referring to confirms that your account is eligible for the ID verification badge, it isn't a requirement.

Thank you.

Thanks, Bojan.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths