🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Am I shadowbanned?
Page options
multithread
Community Member

Am I shadowbanned?

Hi everyone,

Is this typical? I'm also unable to send messages and have 0 profile views or responses after submitting 22 job proposals.

A rude employer told me to "work on my people skills, not interested" a few weeks ago and now I'm also unable to send private messages. I was polite and concise but I think my offer was out of his price range.

Is it possible to be shadowbanned on Upwork? 

Best,

Kev

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kevin,

Just to confirm that there's no holds on your account and everything is working as designed.

The reason why you can't send private messages in the Community is because your profile status, once it's updated to an Active Member you will be able to send messages. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
2a05aa63
Community Member

Profile views are bugged at 0 for everyone at the moment.

There's no such things as a shadowban here.

That employer most likely banned you, so you can't write to him.

That's what I thought at first too, but trying to send you (or anyone) a message produces this error:

watttt.png

and I am also unable to see "send message" elsewhere or add anyone to group messages as this error is produced when trying that:

wat2.png

So I do think my account has been erroneously flagged with limitations.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi Kevin,

Just to confirm that there's no holds on your account and everything is working as designed.

The reason why you can't send private messages in the Community is because your profile status, once it's updated to an Active Member you will be able to send messages. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Kevin M wrote:

That's what I thought at first too, but trying to send you (or anyone) a message produces this error:

watttt.png

and I am also unable to see "send message" elsewhere or add anyone to group messages as this error is produced when trying that:

wat2.png

The first is purely on the forum, and just mean that you haven't had enough posts to be able to send private messages on the FORUM. There is little to no need for you to send private messages to forum members, this is a discussion forum and members are not meant to be used as private consultancy services.

The second - why do you want to add whom to a message thread?

>There is little to no need for you to send private messages to forum members, this is a discussion forum and members are not meant to be used as private consultancy services.

What? I clicked "send message" to see if it was an available option with no intention of sending one. I have no intention of "using members as private consultancy services." What?

> The second - why do you want to add whom to a message thread?

I tried to add my other Upwork account, an Employer account, to check this freelancer account for limitations.

Can someone remove this person's post? It's unhelpful, accusatory, unprofessional and incendiary. I see that this individual has an established account but that isn't a license to be rude..

Edit: I have reported the post in question.

Thanks everyone! I will now mark this thread as resolved as I've accepted an answer.

Kevin M wrote:

I tried to add my other Upwork account, an Employer account, to check this freelancer account for limitations.

You are not allowed "another account" and if you want to "check" your account it is / can not be done by trying to add one of your accounts to the other account (which you should not have in the first place) in messages...

>You are not allowed "another account" and if you want to "check" your account it is / can not be done by trying to add one of your accounts to the other account (which you should not have in the first place) in messages...

Different accounts for different corporate entities for different uses aren't allowed on Upwork?

I am reporting your post again. Please stop replying in this thread. You are behaving in an unwarranted, suspicious and authoritative manner that is wholly uncalled for. I don't appreciate this behavior.

Thanks everyone!

Kevin M wrote:

Different accounts for different corporate entities for different uses aren't allowed on Upwork?

Nope.

You can add (several, if needed) client accounts to your existing freelancer account, but not create seperate accounts.

Kevin M wrote:

I am reporting your post again. Please stop replying in this thread.

This is a public forum. Within the forum rules anyone can respond to anything they like.

I am beginning to see what the client meant when they suggest some work on "people skills"

>  Nope. You can add (several, if needed) client accounts to your existing freelancer account, but not create seperate accounts.

It doesn't violate Upwork terms to set up different accounts for different employers. Google and Apple wouldn't share the same Upwork account, but an individual could be employed by both and set them up on behalf of. What you are saying is false.

> I am beginning to see what the client meant when they suggest some work on "people skills"

and this is a personal attack. For the third time now in this thread I'm reporting your post. Please stop replying to me, particularly with personal attacks.

Kevin M wrote:

It doesn't violate Upwork terms to set up different accounts for different employers. Google and Apple wouldn't share the same Upwork account, but an individual could be employed by both and set them up on behalf of. What you are saying is false.

Actually, no. It is not

>Actually, no. It is not

Actually, yes, it is. What you are saying is false. You are incorrect. I suggest that you do not spread false information on Upwork which is masqueraded as community support - because you are wrong. Now, I'm not entirely sure why you are spreading false information around as if it is true, but you appear to be doing that.

Do you think that repeatedly making debunked, incorrect statements that could mislead Upwork users is ok?

Hi Kevin,

I will send you a PM right now with more details and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi All,

This thread is closed for further replies, thank you for participating and I would like to remind everyone to be mindful of our Community Guidelines. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kevin,

Kevin M wrote:

Hi everyone,

Is this typical? I'm also unable to send messages and have 0 profile views or responses after submitting 22 job proposals.

1. As Goran already shared, new forum members need to post a certain number of comments before getting the option to send private messages.

2. Profile views metric tracks the number of views your profile had in search results, which don't include the number your proposals were viewed or the number your profile was viewed from your proposals. 

Kevin M wrote:

Is it possible to be shadowbanned on Upwork? 

3. Please refer the the information Goran provided and I shared above, note that your Upwork account isn't suspended or limited in any way.

Let us know if you have any questions and we'll be glad to assist and advise you further.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths