🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Am I the only one who noticed that submitting...
Page options
1241e710
Community Member

Am I the only one who noticed that submitting a proposal became more expensive?

Below is just my opinion.

Till now, the most projects required just 2 connects to submit a proposal, sometimes 4, and once in a while (quite rarely) 6 connects.

But now (I guess after the latest so called 'enhancements') most jobs I click on require 4 or 6 connects. There's at most 1 job out of 10 that needs only 2 connects to submit a proposal...

And how is it even specified how much connects will the particular job require?

These rediculous 10 connects we got now look more and more like a complete sham.

1 REPLY 1
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Nikolay A wrote:

Below is just my opinion.

Till now, the most projects required just 2 connects to submit a proposal, sometimes 4, and once in a while (quite rarely) 6 connects.

But now (I guess after the latest so called 'enhancements') most jobs I click on require 4 or 6 connects. There's at most 1 job out of 10 that needs only 2 connects to submit a proposal...

And how is it even specified how much connects will the particular job require?

These rediculous 10 connects we got now look more and more like a complete sham.

I'm not sure whether this is still the case, but Upwork previously said that they would adjust the number of connects required to bid on a job if it proved to be too popular (or too unpopular). I assume that by giving everyone free connects, there are now more bids on each project, therefore the number of connects required has also gone up. (Pretty much every job that I apply to has always required 6 connects, so I haven't noticed any difference.)

I don't think that Upwork expects most freelancers to only need 10 free connects per month; it's just a bonus. You can still buy more connects when you run out.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members