cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I visible? Good profile: no invitations, no responses, no contracts.

grimesr
Community Guru
Robert G Member Since: Aug 7, 2018
21 of 23

I am going to disagree. I have seen too many projects with numbers bigger than 3, some greater than 10. To me, that means the client really doesn't care about reading a proposal and looking at how freelancer can help, but more wanting to look in a phone book and taking the first 3 listed.

I will admit that since I rarely rely on invitations, I maybe really biased.

There might be differences based on the type of projects and that might change my mind about this issue, but for my group, I would rather it be limited. Maybe 3 is too small, maybe 5 is ok. Also, maybe the client could have a way to have 3 active invitations and add another if somehow one of the 3 is no longer considered. I just thing think there needs to be some limit to help focus more on getting a good freelancer for the client.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
22 of 23

Robert, that's unfortunately not what the limit is about--it's about getting clients to pay. Those who are willing to fork over $49.99 for a monthly membership can send a great many more.

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
23 of 23

Robert G wrote:

Maybe 3 is too small, maybe 5 is ok. Also, maybe the client could have a way to have 3 active invitations and add another if somehow one of the 3 is no longer considered.

Totally agree - I think that this would be a lot better.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS