Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Am I visible? Good profile: no invitations, no responses, no contracts.

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
11 of 23

You are wasting all of your above the fold space on a quote that is packed with jargon and difficult/boring to read. Also, don't disclose your last name on your profile (it violates TOS). 

Upwork rotates profiles in discovery so you will have a tough time landing gigs via invitation only. Also, different types of clients respond to different approaches. Your copy may be too self-focused for some prospects. Keep everything short and hyperfocused on WIIFT.  

grimesr
Community Leader
Robert G Member Since: Aug 7, 2018
12 of 23

Firstly, I don't have time to read articles about how to raise money on Upwork.

Secondly, I am well enough experienced in marketing in order to have an understanding of how to make my profile more attractive to potential clients.

 

However, this issue with visibility is absolutely unclear to me. I was thinking, Upwork is interested in professionals who bring money to the marketplace, which means Upwork has to recommend my profile to people who are looking for individuals where my knowledge required, but it looks like it doesn't work this way.

 

Your comments are exactly what has been discussed about being wrong with the tone of your profile. I always have time to better my knowledge of how to do a better job. I really think your prespective is misguided if you think all you need to worry about is upwork. I do everything I can to better my chances of getting selected and if upwork profits, so be it. Also, if you are so well experienced in marketing, why are you asking here for help?

 

Humility goes a long way, and I don't see it here.

 

Again, just my opinion and probably not worth much.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 23

Alex S wrote:

Firstly, I don't have time to read articles about how to raise money on Upwork.

Secondly, I am well enough experienced in marketing in order to have an understanding of how to make my profile more attractive to potential clients.


If you say so...

How's that working out for you?

(Not so great, apparently, or this thread wouldn't have been started in the first place, would it?)

alex_shakhov
Active Member
Alex S Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
14 of 23

Petra, I really appreciate your advice and help you provided me with. And I also apologize if my previous message looked rude - I did not want to be disrespectful. Your advice was really helpful to me and I am going to follow it hoping it would allow me to get more projects on Upwork, 


My question was more about my profile visibility because I really did not think that 0 to 6 weekly profile views is a good statistic for an active profile which regularly brings money to the marketplace. Upwork is not the only place I work at, however, it could have been if I have more offers there.

 

Probably my overview doesn't look good to many potential clients and I agree that probably its style is one of the reasons why nobody wants ho hire me, however, it could have made a sense in case if I have 100+ profile views a week and no invitations to the interviews. But right now I do see 0 views of my profile and I don't think this is due to my overview.

I have already made my earings unhidden and changed the rates to the normal ones, so I hope this would affect positively my Upwork presence. Thank you for this advice!

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
15 of 23

Alex S wrote:

I have already made my earings unhidden and changed the rates to the normal ones, so I hope this would affect positively my Upwork presence. Thank you for this advice!


Good for you! Also, start applying! Many of us have noticed that once we started applying, we started getting more invites. This is just based on the experience of many freelancers, including my own.

It's as if sending applications signals to the algorithm that we are available and actively looking for more work, which then improves visibility.

Again I have to stress that this is circumstantial evidence, but it would make sense for Upwork to show those profiles to clients who are clearly available and willing to take on work.

alex_shakhov
Active Member
Alex S Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
16 of 23

Petra R wrote:

Alex S wrote:

I have already made my earings unhidden and changed the rates to the normal ones, so I hope this would affect positively my Upwork presence. Thank you for this advice!


Good for you! Also, start applying! Many of us have noticed that once we started applying, we started getting more invites. This is just based on the experience of many freelancers, including my own.

It's as if sending applications signals to the algorithm that we are available and actively looking for more work, which then improves visibility.

Again I have to stress that this is circumstantial evidence, but it would make sense for Upwork to show those profiles to clients who are clearly available and willing to take on work.


Thank you very much, Petra!

Happy Holidays! 

alex_shakhov
Active Member
Alex S Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
17 of 23

.

grimesr
Community Leader
Robert G Member Since: Aug 7, 2018
18 of 23

At this moment your profile is not public, at least to me. That will make it hard to see what you can do.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
19 of 23

Robert G wrote:

At this moment your profile is not public, at least to me. That will make it hard to see what you can do.


His profile is set to Upwork users only, which means it can not be clicked through from the forum profile directly.

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
20 of 23

Our invitations have decreased because Upwork decided that clients could only have three invitations per project unless they pay extra. I think that this policy has done a lot of damage to both freelancers and clients and I'm still hoping that Upwork will reconsider.

 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS