🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Am i allowed to close my freelancer accou...
Page options
sn_shuvonill
Community Member

Am i allowed to close my freelancer account and then create a fresh account?

Hi there, good day!

Am I allowed to close my current Upwork freelancer account and then create a new one?

Actually, I've created this running account many years ago, but I didn't work on Upwork. That's the reason currently I don't have any job record on this account. For this reason, I'm not getting any response from clients. I think if I can close this account and create a fresh account then the client won't judge me as loser. I want to start working on Upwork from now. I hope you guys will guide me, thanks in advance!

Mominul Islam
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mominul,

Unfortunately no, this is not allowed as opening more than one account is a serious violation of our TOS. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mominul,

Unfortunately no, this is not allowed as opening more than one account is a serious violation of our TOS. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

What if, when I close my current account? That will also violate TOS sir?

Mominul Islam

Hi Mominul,

Yes that is correct, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

can I close my current account and create a new fresh account on Upwork with the same detail like the same email and other details

See Goran's answer above.

petra_r
Community Member

Mominul I wrote:

Actually, I've created this running account many years ago, but I didn't work on Upwork. That's the reason currently I don't have any job record on this account. For this reason, I'm not getting any response from clients. I think if I can close this account and create a fresh account then the client won't judge me as loser

This does not make any sense. Clients can not see how old your account is. So to them, your current account and any account you might newly create (if you even get it approved, when these days most new profiles are rejected) would look identical: A profile with no history.

And, as has been pointed out to you, it's not allowed anyway.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths