🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Amount deducted from my bank account but didn...
Page options
e5998149
Community Member

Amount deducted from my bank account but didnt received the connects that I purchased

This is my 2nd time purchasing a connects. My 1st time went fine without trouble. But the 2nd one deducted an amount of $22.5 from my bank account without giving me connects. Please I need help

10 REPLIES 10
AndreaG

Hi Johnedel,

Thank you for your message. I checked and I see that your payment for the Connects was not successful. If your funds are already deducted, the same should be reversed in 3-5 business days. Feel free to reach us after 5 business days if you do not see the reversal on your card.

~Andrea
Upwork
e5998149
Community Member

The problem is my card got blocked permanently. Because they consider it as a fraud. Any tips? And what do you mean by reversed in 3-5 business days? Is it for the bank or upwork?

Johnedel, if there is an issue with your card I would suggest you reach out to your card-issuing bank directly. As a billing method on your Upwork account, it currently shows as the card has failed, you should be able to re-add it. By reversal, I mean that the funds should be back on your card within that timeframe. 

~Andrea
Upwork
e5998149
Community Member

My bank told me to work with you regarding this matter. This is really frustrating. Please

Hi Johnedel,

It looks like you've removed the billing method from your account. Could you please try re-adding it?

~Andrea
Upwork
e5998149
Community Member

I used 2 accounts to purchase connects. My account and my GF account. After my gf's account got error, I try using mine and it worked fine and got my connects. So which account should I re add? I also have proof if you need some screenshots

Hi Johnedel,

If everything is working fine on your account and the issue is with your girlfriend's account, then she should reach out to us directly. Please note that we're unable to share any details with you about her account for privacy reasons.

~Andrea
Upwork
e5998149
Community Member

My girlfriends bank account is the problem, not the upwork account. The bank account that got deducted without receiving my connects is her bank account. Can you help me with that?

e5998149
Community Member

Im sorry let me explain it again from the start. So when I purchase a connects using my bank account, everything went fine. But when I use her bank account yesterday, something went wrong. Her bank account got deducted  but I didnt receive any connects. And now I will reconnect her bank account to my billing method so you could check. Thank you so much

Hi Johnedel,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members