🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: An Milestone issue.
Page options
edgeof
Community Member

An Milestone issue.

Hi, i am having a problem with a client, he funded a milestone and i don't want to work with him anymore, is there any way to cancel that milestone, cause i want to end contract and the milestone not be payed to me, how can i do

3 REPLIES 3
hoyle_editing
Community Member

You can close the contract and refund the client for the milestone - however this will have a negative effect on your JSS if the contract is closed with no monies ever paid (or money refunded)

robin_hyman
Community Member

Ignacio P wrote:

Hi, i am having a problem with a client, he funded a milestone and i don't want to work with him anymore, is there any way to cancel that milestone, cause i want to end contract and the milestone not be payed to me, how can i do

You clicked "accept" on the project for a reason.  I suggest you see this project through or your JSS will go down even further, possibly preventing you from getting good jobs in the future.  Do your best, be positive, and end on a high note.  

prestonhunter
Community Member

The most customer-service-oriented thing that you could do right now would be for you to immediately close the contract.

The user interface will point out that by doing so, you will be returning all of the remaining escrow money to the client.

Close the contract.

Then send a short note to the client:

"Peter: Thank you for being willing to work with me on this project. I have realized that I am not the best possible person to do this task, and I want you to be able to work with somebody who is. I have closed the contract and refunded ALL of the remaining escrow money back to you. I wish you well."

This may very well drop JSS a few points. But you will not regret doing the right thing for the client. He WILL appreciate this much more than if there is a delay of many hours or days or weeks before finding out that you can't or won't do the job. He will appreciate you much more for being honest and transparent about this than he would if you did the work and your heart isn't in it and the work is mediocre compared to the work that somebody who is committed and willing would provide.

(Note that if you have already earned some money on this contract from previous milestones, refunding one milestone's escrow money will NOT have a negative impact on your JSS at all.)

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members