cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An additional milestone accidentally added by the client. Will this affect the job success score?

a926ba54
Phillip W Member Since: Jun 14, 2016
1 of 4

Note: The job was completed successfully and the client will end the contract, but no work will be submitted for the last milestone (which apparently cannot be removed).

Would this happen to factor in to Upwork's job success rating?

I apologize if this is a finnicky question

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

@Phillip W wrote:

Note: The job was completed successfully and the client will end the contract, but no work will be submitted for the last milestone (which apparently cannot be removed).

Would this happen to factor in to Upwork's job success rating?

Nope, nothing to worry about!

It is the outcome of the job and the feedback (public and private) that factors into your JSS. The accidentally paid milestone has no effect. Just approve the return of the funds in Escrow to the client!

a926ba54
Phillip W Member Since: Jun 14, 2016
3 of 4

Thank you for the response.

Despite having approved the last milestone (milestone 5 of 6) the client has not gotten around to ending the contract. 

Can you give any advice on if/when the contract might have further action taken (end the contract by myself, for instance)?

It would be disconcerting if this is the second successfully finished contract that remains idle. The first contract of another client was left open due to the client indicating there might be more work, and disappeared. 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 4

You'll have to get used to closing contracts on your own. I close them all the time. It's especially common with new clients who aren't used to the system and the way it works. They get their work and bail. They don't know that they should close contracts although I'm sure Upwork sends them a note.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS