🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » An extra five days after money has been relea...
Page options
minihama
Community Member

An extra five days after money has been released

Not that UpWork usually responds in any productive manner but I'm currently so frustrated that I want to bring something to everyone's attention.

I submitted my work for review 14 days ago and my client was on holidays, so he didn't respond to the request. After 14 days, UpWork closes the contract immediately..and....HOLDS ONTO THE MONEY FOR A FURTHER 5 DAYS?!

There's no real logic to holding onto money after a job has been finished anyway (aside from UpWork gaining interest on the money they hold - thankfully very little now) but holding onto it for a further 5 days after it's already been in escrow for 2 weeks?

It's completely unethical and to say that it's anything but UpWork cashing in when people need the money they've worked for is just patronizing.

42 REPLIES 42

People can be VERY creative when it comes to obtaining money dishonestly. I fully expect that some will use methods that nobody on this forum has, or will, thought of. 

I can understand that having to wait an additional 5 days for money can be difficult for those getting started. However, when you have a regular flow of money coming in then it just does not matter one bit. If the 5 days is enough to be a problem for some people, it would suggest to me that this platform, and perhaps freelancing overall, just is not for them. 

minihama
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**  Finally someone tries to get to the bones of what I was referring to in the first place.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

All,

This thread has been closed from further replies and a few posts have been removed or edited for violating the Community Guidelines.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths