🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » An unknown error has occurred - Desktop Login...
Page options
conversionizers
Community Member

An unknown error has occurred - Desktop Login fail

Hello, I am unable to login to the desktop app. I tried various options (with Google login credentials, then switched off Google Account under connected services, Upwork username and password, email and password). Nothing works and I always get the same status: An unknown error has occurred. Please help me to fix this. I also installed the latest version today, etc.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
s-mary
Community Member

I have the same problem, how can i fix it?

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53

No, tried everything. Removed, clear cache, reinstalled app and the same error occurred.

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the Desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi guys.

I have a problem with W10 - UP Desk App.

Any assistance would be great!

Thanks

Mu

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muris,

Could you, please refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them? 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! I am having the same Problem, I tried disconnecting the google loging by going to the connected services but it turns out I was not connected with google in the first place so kindly guide me what to do next as I read all the posts and it was saying to disconnect google services! Thank you!

Hi Abid,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your Desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
hollins-monique
Community Member

When i try to login and put my password in it tells me an unknown error has occurred? How can that be fixed?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Monique,

Please try reinstalling the desktop app. If you`re still seeing the same error on your end, please let me know your about your operating system. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I have the same problem. 

"An unknown error has occurred"

On mac os.

Kind regards,

Carsten

Hi Carsten,

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps below and let me know if you`re still experiencing the same problem:

• 1.) Please exit the Upwork Desktop App from your system/device.

• 2.) Open the terminal app

• 3.) Then run this command> mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak}

• 4) Then start again 

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,
I can access the App now.

However, when tracking time it only makes a screenshot from my Desktop
without any applications.

Under Security & Preferences, it is allowed in automation however, I cannot
add Upwork in Screen Recordings.
See attached screenshots for reference.

Hi Carsten,

Our team reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with the desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
d7d69078
Community Member

facing the same issue. I think this is soem kind of BUG in the system

Hi,

I am unable to login Upwork Desktop app. It asks for a security check access but it won't complete. The security check access also happens in my browser but after I solve gotcha it allows me to login. But I can't login my Desktop App.

Kindly help me in this regard.

Thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members