🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Annoying Red Grammar Icon on Proposals
Page options
dspipelinepro
Community Member

Annoying Red Grammar Icon on Proposals

Hello, fellow freelancers!

Whenever I go to write a proposal, there's a red icon in the bottom counting and 'suggesting' grammar / spelling issues as I type.

As a freelancer in a rather technical field (Data), there are a lot of abbreviations and jargon that aren't necessarily common, so my proposals are full of underlined phrases, red 'misspellings,' etc.

Is there any way to disable this?  I know it's meant to help, but I just find it completely aggravating.

Thank you in advance for your attention and help,

Nick

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nick J wrote:

I've never installed Grammarly, nor can I find any instance of it being on my laptop (Mac).  Is it part of Upwork's default settings?  I know it's there to help; I'm just tired of seeing red and blue underlines everywhere.

It's an Upwork "feature" that was added recently. You can simply turn it off. Hover your mouse down where the green/red dot is in the bottom right corner and the "off" button appears. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sullivanliz
Community Member

Sounds like the Grammarly plugin, do you have it installed?

Aloha, Liz!

First off, thank you for taking the time to respond to this...

I've never installed Grammarly, nor can I find any instance of it being on my laptop (Mac).  Is it part of Upwork's default settings?  I know it's there to help; I'm just tired of seeing red and blue underlines everywhere.

Appreciate all your help again,

Nick

Nick J wrote:

It's an Upwork "feature" that was added recently. You can simply turn it off. Hover your mouse down where the green/red dot is in the bottom right corner and the "off" button appears. 

HO.

LEE.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

AND I'M IN SOFTWARE!! 

If Day-Job-Boss ever sees this thread, I'm done.

"Just hover over the icon and turn it off."  

Yikes.

Join me in the threads next week, where I'll need help unwrapping a candy bar...

Thank you, Petra!

Nick

No problem! Petra saves the day 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths