🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Another auto approval hack?
Page options
versailles
Community Member

Another auto approval hack?

Is this a new auto approval hack?

All these plagiarized profiles... 

"You've probably read through hundreds of profiles looking for the right person..."

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
14 REPLIES 14
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rene,

Thanks for flagging this! I already sent your report so that our team can review these accounts.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
richard_wein
Community Member

Rene K wrote:

Is this a new auto approval hack?

All these plagiarized profiles... 

"You've probably read through hundreds of profiles looking for the right person..."

That should be:

You've probably read through hundreds of identical profiles...

I clicked through to a few of those profiles, and they're not newbies. All the ones I looked at had jobs going back a year or more.

T&S acklowledged my flagging. They seem to have killed some of the fake profiles, but this one, for instance:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

that is 100% copy/pasted from this one (who may be the genuine owner of this overview):

but T&S thinks it's okay!

-----------

I just flagged one of these. The dummy posted on reddit looking for outsourced work in exchange for 5 stars. It's auto accepted and not an old account.

Jennifer M wrote:

I just flagged one of these. The dummy posted on reddit looking for outsourced work in exchange for 5 stars. It's auto accepted and not an old account.

I flagged her too, but they have decided that her 100% stolen profile s sooo good that they will just give her a pass.

-----------

I just flagged 5 or 6 of these people and referenced the original, successful profile.

Mary W wrote:

I just flagged 5 or 6 of these people and referenced the original, successful profile.

They won't do squat. These profiles have already been flagged, but today is plagiarism day at Upwork.

-----------

Rene K wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

I flagged her too, but they have decided that her 100% stolen profile s sooo good that they will just give her a pass.

Yep, just got confirmation that the stolen profile text and likely fake location is totes ok.

Upwork, if you don't kill the profile, I'll use my client account to contact the owner of the stolen profile and I'll will tell her what's going on.

ETA: yay, finally, they actioned the profile.

-----------

I flagged 5 of them and all of them got deleted within a few hours (I got an e-mail notification for each one).

Thank you Upwork!

Please can you search for these profiles and simply delete the ones which have zero earnings, as they're clearly plagiarized.  Also blacklist the e-mail addresses and ID's used to create them to stop the same perpetrators from doing it again.

Hi Rene,

Please note that we don't tolerate plagiarism on Upwork, workday and weekend alike. We do have procedures in place that entail following certain guidelines and reviewing a reported profile/other violation in detail, even in a greater scope than noted in the initial report. We do this to ensure we do have all the information and evidence before taking action. We do strive to complete these steps in the shortest time frame as possible, especially when receiving reports of multiple profiles violating our TOS.

To Rene, Jennifer, Mary and Richard,

We do appreciate your reports and patience while our dedicated team reviews all the reports and takes appropriate action. 

Rene K wrote:

They won't do squat. These profiles have already been flagged, but today is plagiarism day at Upwork.

ETA: yay, finally, they actioned the profile.

Hammer time part of the day, Rene. 🙂

~ Vladimir
Upwork

2 days after Rene's (and others)  report was filed all 3 profiles are live ... and still showing the exact sme 'stolen' content.

Seems Upwork's correction got delayed along the way  ...   

Don't follow the link in Rene's post.  Do a new search for "You've probably read through hundreds of profiles looking for the right person".  They're gone, except for the real person - at least when I search for the phrase.

Mary W wrote:

Don't follow the link in Rene's post.  Do a new search for "You've probably read through hundreds of profiles looking for the right person".  They're gone, except for the real person - at least when I search for the phrase.

You can click on the link, it triggers the same search and at the time of writing it yields the same result: all gone but two. The lady has more earnings, but is more recent than the guy, so IDK, I hope Upwork logs overview changes with timestamps (maybe the don't, unfortunately, which makes things harder).

-----------
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members