🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Another day and...
Page options
d81b850a
Community Member

Another day and...

... another wall of scammers asking to contact them on telegram or whats app. What is being done to filter the crap from real jobs? Is there a way to do that already?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
l_revuelta_
Community Member

Same here.  3 invitations from scammers in a day. I wonder what is happening. 

c_de_kok
Community Member

I agree.  Upwork needs to do something about this quickly or it will drive freelancers on to other sites.  I completed a job for an excellent new client in February and didn't see this wall of Telegram/WhatsApp/ Contact details.  There are now more of these than there are regular jobs and it is a waste of everyone's time having to filter these out before you get to something legitimate!

PradeepH

Hi Samuele, Laura and Camille,

Thank you for your messages. I will forward your report to the relevant team and appropriate action will be taken as defined in our TOS. 

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks, Pradeep.  So, if we see jobs posted with WhatsApp / Telegram addresses, are you saying that we should all mark those with a thumbs down/report them?

Yes, but it will take you hours to do that. And then you will have to do that the next day, and the next...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members