🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Anticipating foul play from a client
Page options
skynet-tech-ghy
Community Member

Anticipating foul play from a client

Hello Everyone! Please suggest what should I do it this situation.

I was hired for a fixed contract to get the job done as quickly as possible. The client was under the impression, it was a very complex job that would require significant time and effort from a WordPress Developer. As a matter of fact, he higher up the stakes than what I bid for & I accept the offer. 
I successfully completed the job within 1-2 Hours after he added the fund to escrow. 
Now, it has been around 4 days, whenever I ask him to verify the solution. He simply once replied he will have to check and thanked me for the followup. I was excepting he will release the milestone within 1-2 days, but now unfortunately he is now completely ignoring my message, even when I can see him online on Upwork.

I am new to Upwork and doing pretty good so far. I don't this bad instance ruin my hard-earned JSS.
Please advise, what's the further course of actions should I take.

Regards
Saquib

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Saquib A wrote:

Now, it has been around 4 days, whenever I ask him to verify the solution. He simply once replied he will have to check and thanked me for the followup. 

Clients have 14 days to review the work. If the client doesn't request changes by then, the funds are automatically released to you. 

Saquib A wrote:

I was excepting he will release the milestone within 1-2 days, but now unfortunately he is now completely ignoring my messages, even when I can see him online on Upwork.

The client is clearly sick of being harassed by you. Stop that at once. The client knows where you are and will get in touch if they want to or need to. 

Saquib A wrote:

I don't this bad instance ruin my hard-earned JSS.

Most clients don't take kindly to harassment from a freelancer to the degree that they have to resort to ignoring the freelancer.

Any damage to your JSS would likely be a direct result of not simply waiting patiently for the client to review your work or the milestone being released automatically, and instead repeatedly sending messages to the client. Anything more that one follow up in 4 days is inappropriate behaviour.

Saquib A wrote:

Wait and do not contact the client again until they contact you (if they do). There are absolutely no further actions you should take (you've already done too much) and there is no foul play.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Saquib A wrote:

Now, it has been around 4 days, whenever I ask him to verify the solution. He simply once replied he will have to check and thanked me for the followup. 

Clients have 14 days to review the work. If the client doesn't request changes by then, the funds are automatically released to you. 

Saquib A wrote:

I was excepting he will release the milestone within 1-2 days, but now unfortunately he is now completely ignoring my messages, even when I can see him online on Upwork.

The client is clearly sick of being harassed by you. Stop that at once. The client knows where you are and will get in touch if they want to or need to. 

Saquib A wrote:

I don't this bad instance ruin my hard-earned JSS.

Most clients don't take kindly to harassment from a freelancer to the degree that they have to resort to ignoring the freelancer.

Any damage to your JSS would likely be a direct result of not simply waiting patiently for the client to review your work or the milestone being released automatically, and instead repeatedly sending messages to the client. Anything more that one follow up in 4 days is inappropriate behaviour.

Saquib A wrote:

Wait and do not contact the client again until they contact you (if they do). There are absolutely no further actions you should take (you've already done too much) and there is no foul play.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members