Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anxious and looking for opinions on a situation

Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
31 of 32

Samantha,

I suspect you weren't actually looking for opinions or advice, but for validation of your position. That's OK, it's one of the valuable purposes of the community forums, and I encounter more people seeking validation than actionable advice.

The client has the right to specify the format in which fhe deliverable is furnished. As for applications used in which to do the work, the client's advice is only that; do it in Egyptian hieroglyphics using Radio Shack's Color Computer operating system if you wish. It is always a bad idea to send anything to a client that  contains known errors, even if the client has said that is acceptable. The second-worst outcome is losing an argument with a client; the worst outcome is winning the argument.

Bluntly, your attitude leaves me shaking my head. Petra and others offered professional advice in a professional manner, and you reacted in a hostile manner. You got what you requested, just not what you wanted: validation of your position. In the future, identify ranting and whining  as such, and people may sympathize if that's what you want. Otherwise, I plan to skip your posts as irrelevant and disruptive. Each of us has a business to run.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
32 of 32

Bill H wrote:

You got what you requested, just not what you wanted: validation

Summed up perfectly.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS