🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Any attached file from the job description ta...
Page options
rafsun_ug
Community Member

Any attached file from the job description takes too long to download

In my video editing job, many clients often attach files like image/mp4/voice/audio in their job description. But every time it takes too long to download even a very light file. Sometimes a 5MB file takes 5 minutes or a 100MB file wants about an hour. As an example, this 95.1MB file is showing 58 minutes to download.

a.JPG

It's really too long.
I want to mention that my internet speed is quite fast and It usually takes an average of 10 minutes to download 1GB file from Dropbox/Gdrive or any other site.
This "Slow Download" is a problem to apply for a job. Because sometimes clients shared their reference videos or some file to understand a job. And if it takes too long, it just times out to apply for a job as there are many applicants who apply in the meantime. And I don't prefer to apply for a job of 15-20 applicants.

Are any other freelancers facing this too? 

If that then why the download process is too long here? And what Upwork can do for this?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rafsun,

I shared the issue with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to investigate this further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi. I'm having the same issue as Rafsun.

I tried to download the attachments of the potential clients, but the file of 8MB still downloading 1 hour. I cannot receive the files and work while it's happening. My browser is a Safari. I can download files from another websites except Upwork. Is there any solution?

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hanna,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with downloading the file you're experiencing this issue with.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths