🐈 Community
spyroweb

Any client should not allow to post a job until he/she have not a vitrified method

I think its the best option to stop spam job posting, invitation etc, that upwork should not allow to post a job until he/she have not a vitrified method.

Its my suggestion, Communities Gurus I am sorry in advance if its have no scence.

Regars!

Sultan 

Sultan
10 REPLIES 10
lsulak

I also agree with this method since upwork has become a spam heaven....

Upwork should at least charge a verification fee of $1 then deduct it from their service fee.

Im sure this will reduce spam as I am personally tired of the spammer from Dubai who keeps posting those crapping job listing.

Regars,

Laufton

mtngigi

A great number of the projects I've done on Upwork have been with unverified account clients. I don't start work until their accounts are verified and escrow is funded ... it's that simple.

Unverification is not an indication of a scammer  -  it's up to you to be smart about what jobs you bid on. I have never left a bid with a scam client ... I'm not sure how so many of you manage to do that.

@Virginia F wrote:

A great number of the projects I've done on Upwork have been with unverified account clients. I don't start work until their accounts are verified and escrow is funded ... it's that simple.

Unverification is not an indication of a scammer  -  it's up to you to be smart about what jobs you bid on. I have never left a bid with a scam client ... I'm not sure how so many of you manage to do that.

Daer

I know who is spam and who are real clients. I just suggest not in search of solution, Upwork is a big plateform and its look bad that spam can post a job.

Sultan

You're suggestion has no merit - it is not necessary. You have a choice whether or not to bid on jobs ... if you don't want to bid on jobs with unverified payment method, then don't.

And by the way, my name in not Daer, nor Dear ... it's Virginia.

tlsanders

Sounds good in theory, but it would actually drive away a lot of authentic clients who don't want to hand out their credit card information to a site they found by Googling until they know that they actually want to do business with the site.

Potential clients often post jobs on multiple websites, and no sensible business person is going to run around giving his financial information to five or six different unknown sites just in case he might end up using one. Thus, the one that forces him to do so is likely to be the one he skips over in favor of those he can check out and determine whether there's a reason to enter his credit card before taking that step.

@Tiffany S wrote:

Sounds good in theory, but it would actually drive away a lot of authentic clients who don't want to hand out their credit card information to a site they found by Googling until they know that they actually want to do business with the site.

Potential clients often post jobs on multiple websites, and no sensible business person is going to run around giving his financial information to five or six different unknown sites just in case he might end up using one. Thus, the one that forces him to do so is likely to be the one he skips over in favor of those he can check out and determine whether there's a reason to enter his credit card before taking that step.

Every One Know about Upwork, any how if client decide to slelect a freelancer than why he need to verify payment? and why Upwork holds $10 for verification, how a client can trust than? what's the guaranty that the freelancer will complete the requirment ? why a client hand out their credit card information? 

If a client is serouse I think there is no issue in verification either before or latter.

Sultan

re: "If a client is serious, I think there is no issue in verification either before or latter."

A potentially good client MAY NOT be serious about hiring on Upwork... until she receives a job application from me and realizes she has an opportunity to work with an awesome freelancer who completely understands her project and can really help her out.

lysis10

I don't know why people have so many problems with these customers. A good majority of my contracts are these people.

You just leave them to the experts.

spyroweb

Okay! I am sorry and I am Taking My words Back.

but I think Upwork should do some things about to stop the spam.

Sultan

Agree about the spam and the scams. They've got some smart people, so I'm sure they'll think of something. Just takes time to brainstorm, create it, and then implement it.

Learning Paths