🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Any freelancer who has used the service of pr...
Page options
maycolt
Community Member

Any freelancer who has used the service of pro-tier.com?

Hi Upwork Community,

I was wondering if anybody have used the service of pro-tier.com where they promise to "turn your gig into a profession". They offer to help you open a single member LLC based on your freelance account.

I'd like to see some reviews and know if it really works.

Thanks for any comments on this 

Maycolt

7 REPLIES 7
florydev
Community Member

In my country and state opening a single member LLC is filling out one form and writing a check.
maycolt
Community Member

I know its a simple process if you're in USA, but I'm based in Venezuela and don't have a visa to go there.

Apparently, this service can help you open an LLC from abroad, and from there, setting up a bank account to manage your money.

Just needed to know if this is possible (is that kind of service legit or scam?)

Thanks for your comment!

florydev
Community Member

Gotcha

Maycolt,

I don't know anything about the company you mention, but since 9/11 US bank regulators and banks have been very suspicious of all bank accounts held by non-US residents - and very reluctant to open new accounts. This is an extension of the old money laundering concerns with new concerns regarding terrorist funding.

I suggest you ask this company for references from other Venezuelans to confirm the quality of their services.

I don't know of any problems you should expect to open a limited liability in any US state, but they will require that you have an "agent" located in their state. There are companies that act as this sort of agent, but I doubt all will work for non-US residents.

Good luck.

Thank you very much!

I'll try to contact them and check if they have references from other people in my situation

The two US states that are favored for LLCs are Delaware and Connecticut. Delaware has the most business-friendly legal environment, while Connecticut is the least expensive.

You do not need to come to the US to form an LLC. You can do it yourself for that matter. Both Delaware and Connecticut have multiple companies that will register your LLC for you.

You can also visit https://www.legalzoom.com/

I formed my own Virginia LLC over the internet and then showed my lawyer how to do it.

Si tenga unas preguntas, envieme un mensaje privado.

acb305ac
Community Member

The hardest part is the bank account. This guide explains the process for those who are curious: How to Open a Company in the USA 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths