cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any full-timers who do Upwork on the side....

Highlighted
Zach S Member Since: Dec 27, 2017
11 of 14

Thank you. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
12 of 14

Cairenn R wrote:

I set a schedule for each project and stick to it (within reason). 

You do not have to tell a client everything about why you aren't around - they don't care about your other job, your drama and personal issues, etc. And it's none of their business anyway. 

As far as revisions, they get two rounds depending upon the project. Of course, things come up and I may need to adjust it but like the other person said, good clients that you have great rapport with understand. 

What's funny is one of my clients likes to send me responses from her other freelancers (in this case an editor), and she just totally quotes them. So she sends me one last week where her freelancer says she has to get something to eat. First of all I wouldn't say that to a client, but also if I did, I would hope they wouldn't be sharing that info with other people. If I have to go to the doctor, or have a lunch date or whatever, I'll usually just say I have a meeting, if I say anything at all.

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
13 of 14
This widget could not be displayed.

That is funny. I know that must happen a lot. I'm pretty selective with what I say. "Do they really want/need to know this?" Hm. Prob no. lol

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
14 of 14

I did Elance on the side for a few years. I would take stuff that I could do on the weekends. I didn't make much but it gave me extra money and kept my profile active before going full time.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS