cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one Still around at Upwork ?

Mohsin R Member Since: Mar 12, 2015
1 of 6

Hi 

I submitted my request at help center 9 days ago, a wonderfull helper said it needs further investigation & that they will contact me shortly. 

and now it has been 9 days ... I sent several messages but no reply .. no information .. Nothing! .. so at last resort I posted here may be someone (hopefully Those in Upwork) will heed to my cry.

So anyone still around ? 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Mohsin,

Someone from our team will follow up on your open ticket with an update. Thank you for your patience.

Mohsin R Member Since: Mar 12, 2015
3 of 6

Guess What ? No body followed ... Not even a message that we are working on it .... Now for the first time I understand why freelancers are so frustrated with the Upwork services. 

I dont know what else to say ... I really dont !

Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
4 of 6

Personally, I think it's poor training and lack of supervision that causes this abandonment of open tickets. 

Also, it's really rude and shouldn't be tolerated. This shouldn't be such a complex situation (I'm not sure if it is or not really but still..) that it would take 9 days for someone to give you a  'hey we're workin' on it', or  a  'sorry we kept you waiting so long, we're still lookin' into it, but we're just waiting on official word'.. or something..yaknow? Having to come here to get a response is unacceptable. You have all rights to be miffed about this... 

***  i don't know if i violated community standards or angered the csgods with my comments....

but if no one sees me around here for the next week or 4... you know what happened. please report me missing to the proper authorities *** Smiley Wink 

Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
5 of 6

There's a chance that the follow up will be along the lines of...

Due to the complexity of your problem, we have no idea when this will be fixed.  We added the issue to our list and you can expect an update once this is solved at some point in the future.  I'm closing this ticket but feel free to re-open it.

Of course, I wrote it in my words so it's not against the rules.   Smiley Wink

Ticket Closed.  I got that same answer twice and it's been over a year.  At this point, I don't really think it will be fixed and I've moved on.

The problem does appear to be operational.  There are more incoming issues than can be resolved in a timely manner with their existing staff, given their policies and procedures. 

Some possible causes:

1. Not enough qualified staff to resolve issues.
  2. The site is buggy so they likely get a ton of freelancers with issues related to a single cause.  (insert stock reply)
  3. Tier one support has to escalate issues to higher levels of support. This makes things take longer.  You might be waiting on an issue to land on the right desk before it gets resolved.
  4. Old issues get pushed under the rug.
  5. There are likely a lot of support tickets that are from freelancers whose issues exist between chair and keyboard (PEBCAK). Support resources are spent on freelancers who could solve their own problems if they put a little effort into figuring things out. 
  6. Priority issues take precedent so your issue may be perpetually stuck as low-priority and never make it onto someone’s desk.
  7. Their product backlog is flooded with bugs and feature wish-list.
  8. Some issues have to be put into a release. It is not mature for a company to be pushing out updates every day or when someone has an issue.  It depends what their sprint cycle is.
  9. Staff is likely specialized.  The talented developers are likely working on new development.
  10. Upwork has shareholders which drive the company.  The driver is money instead of stability, sustainability, and healthy growth.

The policy makers are the ones to blame.  The support staff is friendly and has to put up with us when we're upset.  They don't have the power to resolve the issues themselves.  When a problem is systemic, the cause is higher up but the blame lands on those who have no power over policies. 

Top Rated Manager
Diana C Top Rated Manager Member Since: Apr 24, 2015
6 of 6

Hi Mohsin,

I'm so sorry about your experience. I'll look into your account and reply on the ticket. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

~Diana

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS