cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one knows odesk start a hidden tab when you apply jobs?

Ace Contributor
Vivek G Member Since: Aug 20, 2009
1 of 21
Hi Any one knows odesk start a hidden tab when you apply jobs and show you as hidden candidates which means you are not suitable candidate. If someone look at my profile,i have most of reviews related to facebook but now days i get less or no responses after applying facebook jobs. Yesterday,i came to know the reason behind this when one of client told me during interview. ** Its really shocked me how odesk system work in favor of freelancers. I hope other people must aware of this Thanks Vivek *"Removed by admin"
Highlighted
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
2 of 21
Its a new oDesk feature that have been around for the last couple of months or so.
Highlighted
Sweety P Member Since: Nov 29, 2013
3 of 21
How will I know if the client can see my application or has it gone to the hidden folder?
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Vivek G Member Since: Aug 20, 2009
4 of 21
Hi I have more 7000+ odesk hours and 600+ five star feedbacks and have same problem. I think now odesk want to give chance to new freelancers and make good freelancers as hidden and make their life hell. They guys keep their eyes close,so i'm sure you are one of victim of this Thanks Vivek
Highlighted
Arif S Member Since: Aug 27, 2011
5 of 21

wow, this just made my day. Would be good to have some preventions or recovery tips from upwork administration.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
6 of 21

Haha!  Getting Ghosted on Upwork.  Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
7 of 21

It's a morally reprehensible and indefensible feature that's been around about 18 months or so. Of course there was major outcry in the forums about it at the time, and it was at the time the most universally despised feature on the whole of Upwork (I can't remember one forum comment ever in favour of it).

The furore over it kind of died down, as it's one of those things oDesk/Upwork introduces and leaves there, with no intention of ever listening to feedback from users about it. Basically, there is no way of knowing when you apply to any job whether that application will be visble to the job poster (unless you have a friendly collaborative client to tell you). A "mad robot" algorith determines that. Which might be less than reprehensible if the algorithms actually worked. But plenty of posts at the time confirmed that the best jobs were often thrown into the hhidden folder, and the crap left visible.

It stank when it was introduced, it hasn;'t gone away, and it still stinks.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Susanne D Member Since: Mar 15, 2015
8 of 21

Stephen, I just asked Garnor over at the Elance Forum about it - he answered that the new proposals page for clients does not or will not have the hidden tab any more, the client would see all the bids.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
9 of 21

@Susanne D wrote:

Stephen, I just asked Garnor over at the Elance Forum about it - he answered that the new proposals page for clients does not or will not have the hidden tab any more, the client would see all the bids.

You don't say? Starting when? Susanne, you wouldn't know this, but like Stephen B says, this has been a crazy hot topic in the forums.

If bids are no longer being hidden, we need an official announcement about this.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
10 of 21

@ Susanne

Thanks so much for that. It's a pity that if this is now the case, and the information can be garnered on the Elance forum, that the same or a different mod wouldn't come on here and announce it (as well as making an official announcement on the offical announcements page of Upwork).

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS