cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one knows odesk start a hidden tab when you apply jobs?

Highlighted
Community Leader
Susanne D Member Since: Mar 15, 2015
11 of 21

Pandora, I had followed the discussions on the subject here and shared your opinion - so I asked if there was any intention to get rid of this and got the answer the clients would see all bids - hope someone here can confirm.

The flow of information is really ****, if you have to pick up bits and pieces in forums.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
12 of 21

It's always been like that - but this is a new low, picking up bits and pieces in forums that were picked up in other forums...

Highlighted
Community Leader
Susanne D Member Since: Mar 15, 2015
13 of 21

Who would want to contradict you, Stephen ....

When I got that answer I thought the least I could do would be to tell about it here - copy/past might be edited.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
14 of 21

Hi Pandor and others,

Apologies for the delay on replying here.

We have been testing a new version of the proposal page for clients that provides a one-page view of all proposals submitted. With this version we are no longer "auto-hiding" proposals that are less of a fit for the job post. All proposals will be on one page, though by default we will only display up to 10 proposals. A client will have the option to click "More" to see all proposals submitted, again on the same screen and not separated into a different tab.

This new version is still being tested, but the results are promising and we expect to include more clients in this view over the coming months.

When we push this new version of the page live to all clients, we will announce this broadly to the Community.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
15 of 21

Garnor,

Thanks for the update.

So:

• Upwork proposals are still being hidden based on Upwork's judgment of their worth.
  • Elance proposals may or may not be being hidden, based on your earlier response on Elance.
  • In the pilot, by default, clients see only 10 proposals. How are these chosen? (Reverse) chronological by submission date? Some other criteria?
  • Clients can ask to see the eleventh and subsequent effectively hidden proposals. Can they sort the proposals?

Thanks and best,

Michael

Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
16 of 21

@Garnor M wrote:

All proposals will be on one page, though by default we will only display up to 10 proposals. A client will have the option to click "More" to see all proposals submitted, again on the same screen and not separated into a different tab.

Awesome. So your marketplace shows a clear decline in posted jobs, at least a dozen clients took time to come to the forum to report just how utterly irrelevant the recommended by Upwork freelancers were to their job post, and your search remains broken, yet no "senior manager" is able to connect the dots? I am floored.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Scott E Member Since: Feb 24, 2015
17 of 21

They've had the same thing over at Elance for quite some time. Not sure if they ever got rid of it... it was announced, everyone was up in arms and then it all seemed to die down and evberyone forgot about it for a while. Maybe they got rid of it, I'm not sure. 

The word on the street was that they were hidden by humanoids, rather than some kind of robot algorithm, and it was mainly to hide spam proposals that had little to do with the job in question. My view of it was that if my proposal was bad enough to be hidden, then it's unlikley I would have got the job anyway. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
18 of 21

That might have been true if the decisions were being made by human/oids. But on oDesk/Upwork they were made by robots; and there were endless acoounts of the cream of applications being hidden, and a lot of utter dross being stuck on the top of the pile. So you couldn't trust your (logical enough) assertion. That's why it stings so much on here.

Highlighted
Upul K Member Since: May 17, 2015
19 of 21

Hi,

That ghost is still there. I noted it during last two months. I was pretty sure, i would win (or been interviewed) when i applied for some jobs. But nothig was happenned. They were just declined. And also, in April-May i received lots of invitations, but during last two months it was below 5. It's pretty sure Upwork is hidding my applications. 

So guys, What can we do for this? 

I'm a Top Rated freelancer working here more than 4 years. How many time and how much of payments i have paid as 10% to upworks???I cannot understand why they are treating like this to experienced contractors...

Thanks..

Highlighted
Andy H Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
20 of 21

I'm pretty new to upwork, coming over form eLance. 

I just happened to discover that all of the responses I received to my proposal so far are all hidden. And in reviewing them at least one of them appears very qualified. Why don't I get to choose which responses I want to review automatically? I'm happy to filter out and hide the spam, spend time making that easy to do.

I'm also amazed at how the recommended freelancers mostly don't have the right qualifications. Seems like there are some real problems with the algorithms for both systems, maybe we clients should get a little more functionality for making our own decisions.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS