cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any option to accept or decline milestone assignment?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
11 of 23

@Gita N wrote:

As usual we (freelancers) actually have no choice, clients are the boss and freelancers are the tools *grin*

Gita,

Beware the self-fulfilling prophecy.

Best,

Michael

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
12 of 23

What i am thinking UPWORK using our money for their personal intrust and making unexeptable excuses after success full deliver of work and even after accepted and being paid by client !

And do you have proof of this?

Upwork has always held funds for a few days on fixed and hourly contracts. In your report sections it tells you the day the funds will be released to you.

Why would you accuse Upwork of such a practice. I have NEVER seen any instance of this.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 23

Hi Gita,

I would suggest communicating with your client first. I see that he has already replied positively, so you may be able to resolve this situation amicably. If something still goes wrong, I would suggest reporting the client to Customer Support, especially now since you have his written agreement to pay the parice you have agreed upon initially.

I hope it gets sorted out soon.

This is not directly related to your issue. However, let me suggest you update your profile with a new picture (the one you have currently is in violation of Upwork Policies) and expand your profile overview. It will not only help you avoid being flagged and limited in your ability to apply for jobs but more importantly will help you attract better, more serious clients.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
14 of 23

Sorry to ask  what must be an obvious question but are freelancers not allowed to end contracts?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
15 of 23
On paper yes, in reality no.

Ending the contract is seen as firing your client based on Upwork's stance. That is definitely going to go badly for you. You should always work it out Smiley Sad
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
16 of 23
re: "Sorry to ask what must be an obvious question but are freelancers not allowed to end contracts?"

The Upwork contractor-side controls allow contractors to end a contract at any time.

Upwork strongly prefers that clients end contracts. Contractors who end contracts are negativity impacted because their job success score drops.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Cristian-Adrian F Member Since: May 6, 2015
17 of 23

We ought not to forget about how some are trying to scarcely end dormant contracts, to avoid the above issue. I have been only once in this situation and know how frustrating it gets for a contractor to close a contract and be negatively influenced by an idle employer.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Julie T Member Since: Sep 29, 2011
18 of 23

Sure you can end them, but the client can retaliate with poor public and private feedback, thus negativity impacting both the freelancer's start rating and job success scores. From what it appears, the freelancer has no recourse since even opening a dispute can hurt the  freelancer's job success score. Even if one thoroughly vets a client and milestone one goes well, if the client does not voluntary close the contract immediately, the freelancer is basically put in a no win situation if/when a shady client starts to play games. 

Highlighted
Gita N Member Since: May 27, 2015
19 of 23

Hi,

I saw you were having similar problem, what were you do? end contract yourself and taking all that risks? or keep doing on a project you never agreed to?

Thank you

Highlighted
Gita N Member Since: May 27, 2015
20 of 23

Thanks for your suggestion

Picture? again? T.T

Why? it refer to global community?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS