cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any other Upworkers out the door?

stevenpdesign
steve p Member Since: Mar 15, 2016
1 of 17

I'm just really curious as to how many unsatisfied freelancers are fixing to leave. I will be canceling my profile this week and was wondering if you are too.

20% is a cashgrab for a sinking ship. I thought 10% was alread too much, but 20% is shameless. So you sticking around or heading out?

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 17

Nope.  I have landed several new projects, haven't raised my rates.  Racking in the clients and the money.  Staying right here. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
mariawicz5
Community Guru
Maria A Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
3 of 17

Nah, I think I'll stay. I pretty much hate the other freelancing websites.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 17

I'm good. With all the benefits and opportunities, I just can't get worked up about a maximum of an extra $50/client.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 17

It's really funny watching the screamers say they're leaving just to show up 6 months later to complain about something else.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
6 of 17

@Jennifer M wrote:

It's really funny watching the screamers say they're leaving just to show up 6 months later to complain about something else.

I'm hoping that people don't cancel their accounts in a huff without exploring how well other options work out, since the current profile approval process may well prevent them from coming back if it doesn't work out. 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 17

It's stupid to burn this bridge. Too much money to make here. 

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
8 of 17

@Jennifer M wrote:

It's stupid to burn this bridge. Too much money to make here. 

Exactly!!!!! 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
9 of 17

No way I'm leaving.  This has been and continues to be a great income stream for me.

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
10 of 17

No, I'm sticking around.  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS